PDA

View Full Version : Nakamun access

uplander
02-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Hey guys, I'm just wondering wheres the best place to access the lake on the south side of it ?

338Bluff
02-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Either boat launch will do. Good ice at both of them.

HunterDave
02-04-2013, 12:41 AM
The only access that I know of is on the west side.

Sooner
02-04-2013, 03:39 PM
The only access that I know of is on the west side.

Any chance of some directions to the access points? Looking to take my kids and a friend and his son(newbies) somewhere to just catch fish. Not after keeping limits. Just a fun day on the ice. Nakamun is one of my choices of close lakes. Thanks.

HunterDave
02-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Any chance of some directions to the access points? Looking to take my kids and a friend and his son(newbies) somewhere to just catch fish. Not after keeping limits. Just a fun day on the ice. Nakamun is one of my choices of close lakes. Thanks.

Sure, no problem! On the west side of the lake there's a park (MacDonald?) where you can park or drive right out on the ice. If you drive north on Hwy 44 about 3 or 4 kms past the Morinville turnoff (Hwy 642) you have to turn left on Township road 570. Follow that road about 10 or 15 kms and right at the lake the road will have a long right curve past Camp Namamun on the left. About 200 of 300 metres past that you turn left on Twp Rd 570A. Follow that around the north and west of the lake until you get to Nakamun Dr. Turn left and left again at the park sign 200 or 300 metres up the road and you are there.

You can park or drive on and just pick a spot. There are plenty of perch and it's a great place to take kids. Have fun! :)

HunterDave
02-07-2013, 06:40 PM
If you drive north on Hwy 44 about 3 or 4 kms past the Morinville turnoff (Hwy 642) you have to turn left on Township road 570.

FOLLOW UP...........

I traveled the described route today and Twsp Rd 570 is 9 kms past the Morinville turnoff.

I hope that I didn't confuse anyone.