PDA

View Full Version : Poaching at Keho

gundawg
02-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Had a beautiful day fishing Keho. Didn't catch a lot but the weather was un-real. Unfortunately, there was a gentleman clearly poaching some small (under the 63") pike with his kid. The duo had 5+ pike no bigger than half the legal limit; once confronted, quickly packed up their gear and took off running.

Definitely upsetting to see future generation fishermen being taught such poor lessons.

Anyone else fish Keho this weekend? How was your luck?

Pincherguy
02-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Had a beautiful day fishing Keho. Didn't catch a lot but the weather was un-real. Unfortunately, there was a gentleman clearly poaching some small (under the 63") pike with his kid. The duo had 5+ pike no bigger than half the legal limit; once confronted, quickly packed up their gear and took off running.

Definitely upsetting to see future generation fishermen being taught such poor lessons.

Anyone else fish Keho this weekend? How was your luck?

You probably should not have confronted them. Just say have a nice day and leave, call fwl. Get their licence number if possible. Next time, they will probably be back.
PG

gundawg
02-03-2013, 10:50 PM
You probably should not have confronted them. Just say have a nice day and leave, call fwl. Get their licence number if possible. Next time, they will probably be back.
PG

I agree. We didn't confront them, it was another party of fishermen who did and I don't believe anyone took down the plate number. I'm sure they'll be back!

azn_rice_man
02-04-2013, 12:30 PM
We were out at Keho as well. Agreed, weather was fantastic! But can't say the same about the fishing. Only caught 2 between the 3 of us for a few hours.

Guitarplayingfish
02-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Gun Dawg!!

Grab his license plate next time and call a CO.

The # for report a poacher is

Put it in your phone.

LCCFisherman
02-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Were they driving a pathfinder?

Guitarplayingfish
02-04-2013, 12:54 PM

Man.... Your gonna get it when I come up north in a few weeks :fighting0074:

gundawg
02-05-2013, 09:32 PM