PDA

View Full Version : Warning - kamchatka/far east !!!

mcreg
02-04-2013, 10:22 AM
In the past I have posted hunts available thru an Outfitter/Agent who books hunts in Russia (Kamchatka) and the Far East block countries for bear/sheep/Ibex/moose. I have recently found out that this individual has changes his business principles and for that reason -
I WILL NO LONGER ENDORSE HIM !
I would mention his name but I'm not sure if it is permissable on this forum?
In any event, if anyone is considering any of the hunts I have previously posted please contact me prior for a complete explanation.

nube
02-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Have you hunted with this individual? If not you shouldn't have endorsed him in the first place.

It is not a good thing to with hold names. All it will do is add to problems in the future. If it is Igor it does not surprise me!

mcreg
02-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Yes, of course, I know this individual and "NO" his name is not Igor, although he does have a head guide (in Kamchatka) by that name but 1/2 of Russia has that very same name?
As I said in my first post I would gladly share his name, I'm just don't want to jeopardize the integerity of this Forum, by doing so, if not permissable?
And again if YOU or anyone else is considering a hunt in Russia and/or the Far East (bear/ibex/sheep/etc), PM me I'll share the whole story.
His prices are amongst the BEST but .......?

nube
02-05-2013, 05:00 PM
I would like to know as i have plans on going for Marco polo and ibex in a year or 2. Igor was the booking agent for a cheap hunt that keeps popping up and wondered if it was the same guys. It seemed shady

mcreg
02-05-2013, 06:30 PM
I wil most certainly share everything I know at that time. Marko Polo and Ibex is a most adventurous hunt. Although I don't hunt sheep, some hunting friends and aquaintances have done both. They tell me a combo hunt runs about $22K and individually $20K/$5K respectively.
They also like the quality/quantity of the animals in Tajikistan vs the others?
Good luck

mcreg
02-05-2013, 06:31 PM
I wil most certainly share everything I know at that time. Marko Polo and Ibex is a most adventurous hunt. Although I don't hunt sheep, some hunting friend and aquaintnaces have done both. They tell me a combo hunt runs about $22K and individually $20K/$5K respectively.
They also like the quality/quantity of the animals in Tajikistan vs the others?
Good luck