PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon slay

buckmasterjr
02-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Good day at pigeon...

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh638/nguidoccio/2fd12c54f66891ccb3bcc00e9cee396f_zpsac2806ec.jpg

Mike_W
02-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Good job ....looks like they survived the net

Alberta Bigbore
02-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Good job ....looks like they survived the net

LOL!!!

in other news... Grats on those chubby cucumbers.

Lady White
02-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Please show me the way master. I will pack lunch, pick you up and drive, and buy dinner. Please take me fishing to Pigeon if you really caught them there.

EZM
02-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Please show me the way master. I will pack lunch, pick you up and drive, and buy dinner. Please take me fishing to Pigeon if you really caught them there.

Sounds like a date to me ............ will there be a movie too? lol.

Lady White - White fish, in a lake with lower walleye populations tend to be shallower in winter.

In lakes where there are high populations of Walleyes they are deep.............. I mean deep.

This is a consistent pattern. I am not 100% sure why. Give it a try. See what happens ........ you might be pleasantly surprised.

:thinking-006:

I should add, the population of walleye has increased over the last 20 years in Pigeon significantly.

fishtank
02-05-2013, 01:26 AM
wow nice catch !!

pickrel pat
02-05-2013, 01:42 AM
Sounds like a date to me ............ will there be a movie too? lol.

Lady White - White fish, in a lake with lower walleye populations tend to be shallower in winter.

In lakes where there are high populations of Walleyes they are deep.............. I mean deep.

This is a consistent pattern. I am not 100% sure why. Give it a try. See what happens ........ you might be pleasantly surprised.

:thinking-006:

I should add, the population of walleye has increased over the last 20 years in Pigeon significantly.
Ive noticed the same thing.

waterninja
02-05-2013, 02:13 AM
good for you. all iv'e read lately is that no one can catch a white at pigeon. congrats

stgwynn74
02-05-2013, 07:48 AM
sure looks like net marks ! pigeon lake whites are in 25 ft of water , numbers are down this year , as last year nets yield was 65+ this year avg was -40.

Lady White
02-05-2013, 08:00 AM
You guys are right they do look like they have net marks.

Geezle
02-05-2013, 08:02 AM
:lol:

ak-71
02-05-2013, 09:03 AM
OP should have used dynamite, that would make his claim a bit less suspicious :)

Hunter Trav
02-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Good haul, way to start the s**t storm with that one...lol Congrats!!! :)

buckmaster
02-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Its cause of the above statements that me and my son rarely post pics on here. I told my son to post this pic to see what kind of bitterness this thread would have. It didnt take long for the sarcasm to come out did it?.

Lady White
02-05-2013, 10:14 AM
I know people that were out Sunday in the deep all over the lake, using what you told me to and no luck. This is why people think that they are caught in the net. If you can't catch them yourself then you assume that they are from somewhere else or caught another way. That said I have noticed that people tend to not be appreciative to others catching fish on this thread. I am happy for you and your son if you did catch these fish a Pigeon. They are nice fish. I give up though it is too hard would rather go to Gull catch and see fish. Would love for someone to show me the way on Pigeon but that isn't going to happen cause everyone is too concern about keeping fishing a secret. I say share the wealth!!! I would but I don't have any fishy secrets. It is fishing not the secret to life share!

Mike_W
02-05-2013, 11:19 AM
What was the lucky depth? Were they suspended or right on bottom? Was there a hook or bait that worked best?

Thanks,
Mike

BEL
02-05-2013, 11:41 AM
What time of the day did you connect on these whites? God, I hope you don't say sun-up as I hate getting up early. BEL

ak-71
02-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Its cause of the above statements that me and my son rarely post pics on here. I told my son to post this pic to see what kind of bitterness this thread would have. It didnt take long for the sarcasm to come out did it?.

Well, if my eyes are failing me, and those whites were not netted, which they clearly look like - please accept my sincere apologies and jealous congratulations :shake2:. But I still think it was a joke :sHa_sarcasticlol:

ogre
02-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Excellent work. Your haul has given me hope, and proof, that Pigeon is still a gem in terms of lake whitefish. I will redouble my efforts to be more successful out on Pigeon.

@EZM: Thanks for the tips.

Hunter Trav
02-05-2013, 04:06 PM

Hey I said congrats...:lol:

Rainbow
02-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Hi Buckmasterjr;
Nice catch of whites.You are doing a great job of feeding the family fish and venison.When is the old man(Lino going to help out a bit.(SARCASM).He is a good guy.I hope to meet up with you guys again this winter.
I was out at Gull Lake yesterday.Lost six in the hole and under the ice.I did manage to get seven on the ice.Three were over 3 lbs,largest was 3lbs 12 oz.
Seen a total of 33 fish.
Cheers
Rainbow

Speckle55
02-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Here is some not from Pigeon but show's what angler's can do when they are lucky. Tim and David lucky guy's

nice catch Buckmasterjr :sHa_shakeshout: Grats

David:)

Mike_W
02-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Here is some not from Pigeon but show's what angler's can do when they are lucky. Tim and David lucky guy's

Wow Speckle you sure have those whites figured out!!! I'd be curious if you have kept count of the amount you have iced this winter so far?

Lady White
02-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Wow those are nice whites!! My dad and his friend went to Gull today and got skunked didn't even see one. I'mm going to slay on Friday I can't wait wish I was going tomorrow.

Alberta Bigbore
02-05-2013, 07:52 PM

So what your saying is your trolling the Fishing Discussion?

Well Played.

EZM
02-05-2013, 08:02 PM

see first reply ........... ............

EZM
02-05-2013, 08:06 PM

The caption on the first picture should be ....... "TA-DAAAAA"

Pure Magic

Dust1n
02-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Nice haul dude!

tacklerunner
02-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Those are clearly teeth marks from either pike or eyes. Probably eyes. Haven't seen any data that pike eat whites.

wetchimo
02-05-2013, 08:52 PM

X2 lol

ak-71
02-05-2013, 09:45 PM
X2 lol

Must be some kind of "postmortem" damage, or something...
As I read chances of catching whites there lately are not so great, but what are the chances of catching 5 fish and all 5 fish have just surved the net?

super mario
02-05-2013, 09:46 PM

how much you paid for the fish lol

Speckle55
02-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Wow Speckle you sure have those whites figured out!!! I'd be curious if you have kept count of the amount you have iced this winter so far?

Nope .. i have taken notes since 1979 don,t do much now not chasing records :reading:

remember there are all kinds for fisherman but all are fishing example spear/bow/hand line/noodling/ice/net/throw net/spear gun/rod reel/fly/Bird fishing/traping/snaring

not all are legal in Alberta check your reg's

Mike_W
02-06-2013, 09:19 AM
remember there are all kinds for fisherman but all are fishing example spear/bow/hand line/noodling/ice/net/throw net/spear gun/rod reel/fly/Bird fishing/traping/snaring

not all are legal in Alberta check your reg's

Where is this coming from?

buckmaster
02-06-2013, 11:44 AM
So what your saying is your trolling the Fishing Discussion?

Well Played.

no trolling here abb :argue2: :argue2:

Alberta Bigbore
02-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Are you pickerel riggin?

rapalaman
02-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Those are clearly teeth marks from either pike or eyes. Probably eyes. Haven't seen any data that pike eat whites.

yes in fact a northern pikes main diet will be whites and suckers and other pike.

they will take walleye but there spines, gill rakers and dorsal fin make them a last choice meal.

Mike_W
02-06-2013, 12:42 PM
no trolling here abb :argue2: :argue2:

Can you fill us in on what lure and depth was hot please!!

huntin'fool
02-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Are you pickerel riggin?

I'm thinkin' 6 inch square mesh trollin'....

I kind of get what Lino's doin' here, but think it's kind of silly at the same time.

Hey Lino, inquiring minds...nets or not?
"Pigeon Slay" could refer to anything. Especially the fact that your boy provided no explanation to go with the photo. Is there something wrong with the fact that people want to know how they were caught?

fish99
02-06-2013, 06:22 PM
looks like these white fish are fast growers now as the heads were small and the bodies are large in comparison

Ultimate Predator
02-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Keep dreaming looks like a len thompson net of diamonds pathetic

Geezle
02-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Keep dreaming looks like a len thompson net of diamonds pathetic

http://wtfcontent.com/img/130201554194.jpg

Mike_W
02-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Can you fill us in on what lure and depth was hot please!!

X2

dragon
02-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Every year team buck pulls whites outta pigeon. If anyone could have done it this year I would have put my money on them.

Heading out to my honey hole for eyes tomorrow!

EDMfishing
02-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Few people post pictures, fewer post accurate locations.. the OP seems to have willingly done both...:)

And now Everyones screaming net:argue2:, but they are also displayed on a garbage bag.. also would guess that they traveled in the garbage bag at the very least...maybe even tossed into the bag after being caught, and not left on the ice to freeze the marks could easily be from the garbage bag folds freezing or thawing on the fish in the bag...

kinda like waking up sleeping on the floor after drinking the night before, with a carpet imprint on your face!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

EZM
02-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Few people post pictures, fewer post accurate locations.. the OP seems to have willingly done both...:)

And now Everyones screaming net:argue2:, but they are also displayed on a garbage bag.. also would guess that they traveled in the garbage bag at the very least...maybe even tossed into the bag after being caught, and not left on the ice to freeze the marks could easily be from the garbage bag folds freezing or thawing on the fish in the bag...

kinda like waking up sleeping on the floor after drinking the night before, with a carpet imprint on your face!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

on the next episode of CSI Mulhurst Bay ............

that explanation seems plausible .......

Wheelfisher
02-09-2013, 10:39 PM
I don't think those are net marks or bite marks at all. If anything, it's likely that any missing scales are due to the fish bashing itself, either entering the hole (sharp edges - not sharp enough to cut fish line, mind you), or scale loss at the top of the hole. I've seen this pattern before. Regardless, nice whites!

ak-71
02-10-2013, 01:01 PM
I don't think those are net marks or bite marks at all. If anything, it's likely that any missing scales are due to the fish bashing itself, either entering the hole (sharp edges - not sharp enough to cut fish line, mind you), or scale loss at the top of the hole. I've seen this pattern before. Regardless, nice whites!

I, personally, don't buy that, and I've seen this pattern before too (though not on a whitefish).
Regardless, OP could just state how these were caught, that would be enough to stop people guessing (word is all that is required for any fishing story, right?).

Pixel Shooter
02-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Its not for you to decide..................another goes sideways. Op requested thread closed.