PDA

View Full Version : Taking a friend to gull today.

Darren57
02-05-2013, 06:40 AM
My buddy is in town from BC and i was thinking of taking him out for his first time on the ice to Gull today. Does anyone have an ice and/or fishing report. I have only been out on the ice a couple times this year. I would hate to have his first ever ice trip turn out bad:(. We will probably be taking his white nissan SUV on at Brownlows and head north. I had a good time going for pike there last year.

This is short notice but any info would be greatly appreciated. PM if you dont want to broadcast to everyone. Ill try to return the favor in the future.

Thanx.:)

Darren57
02-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Leaving pretty soon. If anyone is going out today feel free to stop by if u see the white nissan suv. The more the marrier. I consider anyone on the lake with me a friend unless they substantialy prove otherwise.

Cheers!

Mike Oxbig
02-05-2013, 05:55 PM
How was your gull trip? I was out and about on the lake but didn't see a white Nissan.

I ended up catching a nice white, a 12" perch, and a bunch of little perch.

Darren57
02-07-2013, 11:58 AM
We tried 8 feet of water and got nothing. Then we went into 15-18 fow later in the afternoon and cought a few 4lbs pike untill the dark on the tip ups. We set a couple rods up for burbot after sunset but had no luck. Nothing realy for me to brag about but
I was just happy to give my buddy a taste of ice fishing and have him catch his first pike.