PDA

View Full Version : Lund Crossover 1875

s_erickson
02-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Just wondering if anyone owns this boat and would like to share there experience with it. Getting close to pulling the trigger but it would be great to hear from a couple people that actually own it.

bentley
02-06-2013, 08:45 PM
I don't think you can go wrong when buying any model of Lund , we have had our 1625 for several years and no regrets . You do pay more for them , but I do believe its worth the extra cost .

Tcw
02-06-2013, 08:57 PM
I agree with you can't go wrong, just make sure it's the model your after for your needs, and DO shop around a bit. It may make a choice change.
I have a 1825 Rebel Sport and love it, but wish I would have done more research, as many have said here before, members do know. Was'nt a member when I bought, but wish I would've been.
Great Boats
Hopefully some help

Winch101
02-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Go on walleye central. Boat thread maybe join and ask about these
there were way more sold in the states than up here .

But looks good as a all round family boat , definitely at that weight,
Go Max horsepower those IPS hulls take a lot of push .

First impressions ....rod locker in floor,live well ,a little small .lower cabin level

Is tight but it is similar to the Tyee and they sold a ton of those...

Good seating. For young uns. You don't need to own one of these

Those IPS. Hulls are all the same ....dry ride .....very stable fish great.

1825 if you can afford it....I don't know where you are shopping

But worth checking Kevin's marine fort quappelle sask for a price.

WalleyeDeitz
02-06-2013, 10:21 PM
I too have a Lund and think they are built great. Been in a few other boats and in my opinion the lunds are built a bit stronger and seem to last. I have the 1700 pro sport with a 115hp merc. If I could do it again, I would go 2 stroke for the hole shot when doing water sports with the family, but otherwise itss a great engine for the boat. Other things to consider, is putting the i-piolot on right off the bat....wouldnt fish without it now. Good luck with your purchase. I have tried to take good care of mine, store it in heated storage for the winter, and it actually still looks brand new. Not sure if its your first boat, but I ended up spending another 3 grand or so on upgraded trolling motor, better sonar, ancors and all the other stuff that I just needed to have in the boat for some reason.

Regards,

buzzard
02-06-2013, 10:22 PM
What would they be worth? Me too looking for a Lund.

Walleye101
02-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Buy a Lund!! Highly recommend it!!!

yetiseeker
02-07-2013, 08:12 AM
I have a Lund 1800 Sportangler - love the boat. The IPS hull on the Lunds provides both a great running boat as well as a very stable fishing platform. I have a four stroke 115hp along with a 9.9 prokicker and the I-Pilot trolling motor on the bow. All motors have uses under different conditions and after fishing with it, would highly recommend all - the kicker to keep hours of the main engine and slow trolling, and the bow mount trolling motor for control - the I-Pilot is so nice to use as you can lock in "tracks" and play it back so you are essentially fishing hands free. The spot lock technology also allows you to anchor and try a spot very quickly - great for searching. The one thing different if I were to do it again, I would max out on the main engine as these boats are heavy for the size. The weight of the boat provides the stability, but wish the hole shot and the top speed would be better (max out at 33.9 mph). Good luck with your purchase and if you spring for the Lund, don't think you will have any regrets.

EZM
02-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Lund Boats, indisputably, are the best riveted production boat money can buy.

The Tyee and Crossover are excellent boats with well thought out layouts, floor-plans and offer many, hidden gem, upgrades few other manufacturers offer;

2 bilge pumps, automotive wiring and fuses, the industries best floatation, high aeration and insulated live wells, stronger transoms and engineered hulls, recessed cleats, heavy gauge hinges on locking latches and the best standard trailer package available.

These things cost money, so you will pay a premium over similar boats - but - if you really look closely ........... there is no comparison. Nothing comes close.

I would suggest a 150 hp Mercury four stroke on this boat. This is a large displacement engine with the highest torque at the lowest weight of all 4 stroke 150's on the market right now.

Costs about $2000 less than the 150 Verado or 150 Honda and you are not missing much with the four stroke Mercury. The Honda and Verado will be quieter and easier on Fuel - but you are paying for that.

I do allot of big lake trolling, and long runs, so I did go to the Honda, but there are three good choices for you.