PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else heading up north this weekend?

bigfro47
02-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Me and my brother in law are heading up north of Utikima this weekend, anyone else heading up that way?? We are leaving early friday morning and heading home late saturday. It would be nice to run into another AO member up in Gods country. I'll post some results when I get home.:sHa_shakeshout:

bigfro47
02-13-2013, 06:12 AM
Headed north of Utikima, The snow was very deep, but we were able to get around on the lake in 4 wheel drive. The walleye bite was slow both days, but managed to get a couple decent ones. Caught a heap of small pike, most of them appeared skinny for there lenth. We did manage a few over 30" inches. There were a few other guys on the lake and they were not having much luck, they moved a hangful of times and ended up empty handed. I would not attempt driving on the lake with a regular halfton unless you had a lift and large winter tires. My kids really enjoyed the trip, and will plan another trip in the summer to come.

ice
02-13-2013, 06:55 AM
I'm confused, were you on utikuma, or north of utikuma?

Wild&Free
02-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Good luck. It's been very windy and fairly mild up here this past week. Freezing rain last night. Expect rotten snow, with the potential for some slush.

bigfro47
02-14-2013, 06:07 AM
I was fishing just north of Utikima