PDA

View Full Version : Pine Lake Derby

scottys
02-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Pine Lake Ice Fishing Derby Feb 17,2013. Tickets $15 Fish are biting get your tickets and get entered for some nice prizes call 403 886 4837 for more info

ORV
02-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Pine Lake Ice Fishing Derby Feb 17,2013. Tickets $15 Fish are biting get your tickets and get entered for some nice prizes call 403 886 4837 for more info

how is the ice? we heard it was getting pretty scketchy
with some flood ice on it?

scottys
02-07-2013, 02:10 PM
not as far as i know people are still going out no one has said anything like that

ORV
02-07-2013, 02:22 PM
not as far as i know people are still going out no one has said anything like that

o.k. thanks for the info!

tinyskonks
02-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Hey just got my entry ticket , was wanting to know the starting and ending time for derby . Thanks

Ryanf
02-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Yes more info would be great. Probably would save many a phone call

scottys
02-07-2013, 08:45 PM
starts about 7 and ends around 4

coors04
02-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Does anyone know what the prizes are for adults and kids?

Horsehead
02-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Also where can I find info for ice fishing derbies ir events in alberta?

latenite
02-12-2013, 07:47 PM
what are the rules??? do we drill our own holes? can we use ice shacks? under water cameras? any restrictions?

pse vince
02-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Biggest Pike I am told is a Gas Auger.Biggest Perch is a pop up ice shack --type unknown.

pse vince
02-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Ice Shacks ok . Cameras ok. Drill your own holes yes.My lucky spot....Not a chance good luck everyone.

rerickson
02-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the gas auger Scotty's! My pike wasn't a monster but if I'm glad it was mine that won. I'm surprised it held on to first since 9:45 tho. Not sure about everyone else but the bite sure slowed down around 10... Thanks again for putting on the tournament it was a great time.

Mutter87
02-17-2013, 09:44 PM
People should advertise these events in AO magazine. Give these events proper coverage.

fish gunner
02-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the gas auger Scotty's! My pike wasn't a monster but if I'm glad it was mine that won. I'm surprised it held on to first since 9:45 tho. Not sure about everyone else but the bite sure slowed down around 10... Thanks again for putting on the tournament it was a great time.

Congrats, you got me by 6 oz. Nice to see Ao all over the leader board. New pop up for second . Ho hum wish they had a trophy . My spot did not slow down much all day a few quite periods with out fish on the camera otherwise nonstop action . Glad to support a local Derby.:sHa_shakeshout:

damienelliott
02-17-2013, 09:58 PM
This derby was the biggest gong show i have seen on the ice. First off I made sure to get early bird tickets, to find out no early bird prizes. Go to pick up another ticket when we got there for a youngster that was with us and grab some 50/50 tickets, they said they werent driving off the main road So I bought them at the store. What do they do drive into where we are several hundred yards off the road, and run over a tip up. Then we landed 3 fish within a minute so I throw them in the cooler, take the 2 youngsters up to weigh them in. put the 2 biggest ones in the kids names 4.3 and 3.3. Which I clearly stated, and the smaller one in mine 3.1. Then get up there at 4pm for final weigh in and they didnt win anything for the kids because some lady writing down names thought she should put them in the adult page of the book. So the kids got nothing for clearly winning 3rd and 4th until I had to argue with the idiot that was pretending to be important that they f****** up and not me. Finally the lady told him that it was her fault as it was. Then I get a half an hour wait and 2 envelopes with 20 and 30 bucks in them and not even so much as an apology. Then find out they were selling food on the lake but didnt go off the main road but they managed to run over my lines to sell a few tickets. This 8 person family will never attend another pine lake derby. Thanks for the bull S*** screw around, maybe time to get your stuff together. Myself and my family has been at this derby for the past 8 years the only time it was good was when Earl owned the place. All I have to say is wow just plain stupid. Another point that last year there was next to no perch weighed in, so the put the perch prizes in the pike catagory. Which was a great idea, but this year there was no perch entered and they didnt do anything with the perch prizes so what is the point of that?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
02-17-2013, 10:49 PM
People should advertise these events in AO magazine. Give these events proper coverage.

Pretty difficult to do when they have to approach the government with the amount of tickets there going to sell , and prizes and all that stuff . S they they have 1000 tickets and advertising in those types of places 1000 tickets would be gone in no time . Plus when they advertise they have to show there license number when soing so . Get what I'm saying .

My buddy was at this tournament said fishing was very slow .

fish gunner
02-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Pretty difficult to do when they have to approach the government with the amount of tickets there going to sell , and prizes and all that stuff . S they they have 1000 tickets and advertising in those types of places 1000 tickets would be gone in no time . Plus when they advertise they have to show there license number when soing so . Get what I'm saying .

My buddy was at this tournament said fishing was very slow .

Your buddy had a poor spot, we had action 80%of the day. At least a dozen fish on the ice between two of us. Most were > 27". Pike-o-rama if you know where to look.

coors04
02-18-2013, 08:01 AM
This derby was the biggest gong show i have seen on the ice. First off I made sure to get early bird tickets, to find out no early bird prizes. Go to pick up another ticket when we got there for a youngster that was with us and grab some 50/50 tickets, they said they werent driving off the main road So I bought them at the store. What do they do drive into where we are several hundred yards off the road, and run over a tip up. Then we landed 3 fish within a minute so I throw them in the cooler, take the 2 youngsters up to weigh them in. put the 2 biggest ones in the kids names 4.3 and 3.3. Which I clearly stated, and the smaller one in mine 3.1. Then get up there at 4pm for final weigh in and they didnt win anything for the kids because some lady writing down names thought she should put them in the adult page of the book. So the kids got nothing for clearly winning 3rd and 4th until I had to argue with the idiot that was pretending to be important that they f****** up and not me. Finally the lady told him that it was her fault as it was. Then I get a half an hour wait and 2 envelopes with 20 and 30 bucks in them and not even so much as an apology. Then find out they were selling food on the lake but didnt go off the main road but they managed to run over my lines to sell a few tickets. This 8 person family will never attend another pine lake derby. Thanks for the bull S*** screw around, maybe time to get your stuff together. Myself and my family has been at this derby for the past 8 years the only time it was good was when Earl owned the place. All I have to say is wow just plain stupid. Another point that last year there was next to no perch weighed in, so the put the perch prizes in the pike catagory. Which was a great idea, but this year there was no perch entered and they didnt do anything with the perch prizes so what is the point of that?
:angry3:
did I read that the 50/50 truck wouldn't go off the plowed road but managed to run over your gear. How about get the hell off the road we were a couple hundred yards off the road and they came and saw us twice so sorry that your derby day that only cost $15 for adult and $10 for kids didn't give you 5 star treatment it sucks they made a mistake with your kids but you should probably be teaching your kids to have fun and not yell and bitch because a human being made an honest mistake it's about going out having fun and getting a couple fish not winning.

fish gunner
02-18-2013, 08:07 AM
So what your really saying is you did not take the time to make sure your kids fish got put on the leader board . Just saying . Cause waited 5min to make sure my name went up.it's:sign0161: Not rocket appliance.

rerickson
02-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Congrats to you too Fish Gunner!
Sorry to hear you had a bad time damienelliot. If you would've stuck around you would've seen that the perch prizes turned into 3rd and 4th place pike prizes. Don't be so harsh. I agree with Coors04. I know he had a rough go at the tourney too and has in the past too but he still holds his head high.
Anyways the day was great even tho the weather was a little off. How can we complain when we're out fishing with friends and family?! :)

damienelliott
02-19-2013, 03:00 PM
:angry3:
did I read that the 50/50 truck wouldn't go off the plowed road but managed to run over your gear. How about get the hell off the road we were a couple hundred yards off the road and they came and saw us twice so sorry that your derby day that only cost $15 for adult and $10 for kids didn't give you 5 star treatment it sucks they made a mistake with your kids but you should probably be teaching your kids to have fun and not yell and bitch because a human being made an honest mistake it's about going out having fun and getting a couple fish not winning.

Learn how to read man I was well over 300 yds off the road. It was just plain bs man you cant sit there and tell me this was a well organized event. Look at how the attendance went down since earl sold this place. And my kids weren't bitchin they had more fun riding the quad then fishing and we landed 15 fish. But fair is fair is it not. But I dare you to call my kids out again and tell me I'm not teaching them right. I hope to see you on the lake someday you will regret bad mouthing my kids. I was driving the orange quad so if you see it out there again feel free to come talk bad about what I teach my kids face to face

browning375
02-19-2013, 03:37 PM

If you don't like the derby, then don't go! The people that organize the derby are good people, and they do their best to organizing a function like this. It is not as easy organizing a derby as people think, and i belive they do a good job for what they have to work with.

Its a fun event, not a professional derby so don't get your panties in a twist over it. If you want a pro experience i suggest you go to another lake and partake in their derby and not slam this event. It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience, but many had a positive one.

damienelliott
02-19-2013, 03:52 PM
If you don't like the derby, then don't go! The people that organize the derby are good people, and they do their best to organizing a function like this. It is not as easy organizing a derby as people think, and i belive they do a good job for what they have to work with.

Its a fun event, not a professional derby so don't get your panties in a twist over it. If you want a pro experience i suggest you go to another lake and partake in their derby and not slam this event. It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience, but many had a positive one.

Thanks. That's what I said I am no longer going to this event and everyone has their own opinion. I was stating mine, thanks for sharing yours.

deanstroyer
02-19-2013, 07:23 PM

perch prizes went to 3rd pike ( which i caught @ 4.68) and 4th pike ( my buddy caught @4.64 ). for anyone that didnt get a chance to go, I thought it was great. a nice day of fishing with good action, and a chance at a prize if you catch a good one.

EZM
02-19-2013, 07:47 PM
The other option is to pay $2000 per boat and enter a well organized tournament. You will get royal treatment ......but pay up ......... 2 grand.

$15 per person - seems like no reason to me to expect much in terms of a organized event, big fancy prizes or gold star service.

For $15 bucks you are luck to get a happy face stamp on your hand, a coupon for a 50 cent hot dog and a kick in the pants for free.

First prize is a snoopy fishin' kit .....

Why expect so much for so little? Have a good time with the kids, meets some other members and eat your hot-dog ......

damienelliott
02-19-2013, 07:47 PM
perch prizes went to 3rd pike ( which i caught @ 4.68) and 4th pike ( my buddy caught @4.64 ). for anyone that didnt get a chance to go, I thought it was great. a nice day of fishing with good action, and a chance at a prize if you catch a good one.

That's good I don't know who the guy was making the announcements, but I told him that they gave away the perch prizes for pike last year and he stood there and argued that they didn't. I had to leave befor things went south. Glad you guys did well good job.