PDA

View Full Version : Ministers Special Licence Raffle

Bouhuntress
02-07-2013, 01:52 PM
The Ministers Special Licence raffle tickets are available at the Sarcee Booth at the Calgary Boat & Sportsmen's Show and will be available online at afga.org (http://www.afga.org/) shortly.

Weatherby 300
02-07-2013, 09:44 PM
So when I check my confirmation email for my order, I see this under "conditions"

"Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep - The licence holder is required to hire a licenced outfitter-guide and be accompanied by a designated guide or by a hunter host."

Anyone know if this is indeed a fact? Was it always ths way? (I obviously haven't won before).....With all sincere respect to the guides.....not interested and not needed....and if its an absolute condition upon winning, how do I get a licence? (Tongue in cheek)

ksteed17
02-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Only necessary if you're a non resident. Not sure why it says that.

bearb8er
02-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Only necessary if you're a non resident. Not sure why it says that.

This tag isn't even available to a non-resident is it?

echo
02-07-2013, 10:01 PM
This tag isn't even available to a non-resident is it?

yes it is but only at the WSF auction but if a resident wanted to buy it they could as well

bearb8er
02-07-2013, 10:22 PM
yes it is but only at the WSF auction but if a resident wanted to buy it they could as well

Thats the auction tag not the raffle tag - right? It sounds like the OP bought raffle tickets and the message is part of his comfirmation.

Weatherby 300
02-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Raffle ticket....and I am a resident....I figured it must be a mistake, but we know what they say about assuming.....just wondering if I missed hearing something or if this was due to the switch to AFGA as administrators......I guess it will only become an issue if I win:thinking-006:

Bouhuntress
02-08-2013, 10:03 AM
So when I check my confirmation email for my order, I see this under "conditions"

"Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep - The licence holder is required to hire a licenced outfitter-guide and be accompanied by a designated guide or by a hunter host."

Anyone know if this is indeed a fact? Was it always ths way? (I obviously haven't won before).....With all sincere respect to the guides.....not interested and not needed....and if its an absolute condition upon winning, how do I get a licence? (Tongue in cheek)

No, a guide or hunter host is not required. That information was only for the Auction tag and it has been fixed online.

Thanks for the heads up.

gevarm guy
02-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Gotem online....fingers crossed...:)

freestyle
02-09-2013, 01:29 PM
There is a booth at the Calgary sportsman's show at BMO centre. I bought a couple tickets at $20 each for elk and mule deer. They told me that you do not have to be an Alberta resident.

bearb8er
02-09-2013, 08:04 PM
There is a booth at the Calgary sportsman's show at BMO centre. I bought a couple tickets at $20 each for elk and mule deer. They told me that you do not have to be an Alberta resident.

They gotta get their facts straight! The link provided in the OP even states that the tickets will only be sold to residents of alberta.

Ilikemoosemeat
02-10-2013, 01:18 PM
I think they are having some transition pains taking over from AHEIA. The results of the the auction for the Alberta Bighorn was a huge loss in revenue and as posted above there is some confusion on the "rules". Eventually they will get it close to right. I wished it would have been left to AHEIA to administer. Bob and Kelly did a superb job of promoting the tag and getting a decent auction price.

Duk Dog
02-10-2013, 01:43 PM
I think they are having some transition pains taking over from AHEIA. The results of the the auction for the Alberta Bighorn was a huge loss in revenue and as posted above there is some confusion on the "rules". Eventually they will get it close to right. I wished it would have been left to AHEIA to administer. Bob and Kelly did a superb job of promoting the tag and getting a decent auction price.

Loss in revenue has a great more to do with an assortment of issues here in AB than who is selling the tickets. Not to mention the size of rams coming out of Montana, better weather, and less hunting pressure/competition.

Duk Dog
02-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Picked up a few tickets for the BH raffle. One of these years.....LOL

Ilikemoosemeat
02-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Loss in revenue has a great more to do with an assortment of issues here in AB than who is selling the tickets. Not to mention the size of rams coming out of Montana, better weather, and less hunting pressure/competition.

Really?:snapoutofit:

Duk Dog
02-10-2013, 05:09 PM

Care to enlighten people rather than reply with an emoticon?

ksteed17
02-10-2013, 05:17 PM

Do you even sheep hunt? Like duk said its a fact that the last few years bigger rams have been coming out of Montana. For now its the way it is. I wish our tag would bring the same amount of money that it used to but it won't while other places are producing so well.

Bouhuntress
02-10-2013, 09:46 PM

Tickets are actually $10.00 each and they are not available to non-residents.

Bouhuntress
02-10-2013, 09:49 PM

Actually the bighorn auction permit sold for exactly the same as it did last year.

Ilikemoosemeat
02-11-2013, 06:37 AM
Actually the bighorn auction permit sold for exactly the same as it did last year.

You are right TJ it did. I had thought it was over the 200K mark last year but was obviously wrong.