PDA

View Full Version : The Ad at the top of this page

Chisholm77
02-07-2013, 06:37 PM
I was waiting several hours for a dr appointment yesterday when I got bored, decided to click the ad at the top of this page and purchase a year subscription to AO on my iPhone. Once purchased I got a confirmation email with a button that said click here to start reading. I clicked it a web page opened with the same button. I clicked that. It takes me to the App Store to download Zinio. I download it and go to "My Library". It tells me I haven't purchased any magazines. I then make several attempts at deleting, reinstalling, attempting to just open it in a browser. No luck. I email customer support and get the message below.

Not sure how they can advertise "Magazine in your Pocket! Ipad iPhone and so on if its not available!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Zinio Customer Support.

The publication Alberta Outdoorsmen has not yet been made compatible with the iPhone Zinio app, we sincerely apologize.

As per your request, I've canceled and refunded in full of your Alberta Outdoorsmen subscription, and you should see a credit appear on your statement within 3-5 business days.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Best regards,

Sean
Zinio Customer Support
1-888-946-4666
Case ID: ref:_00D30Wk1f._50030PeQ

MikeAndHike
02-08-2013, 01:34 AM
If you look at the ad you will see it says "*iPhone and iPod touch coming soon"

Chisholm77
02-08-2013, 06:29 AM
If you look at the ad you will see it says "*iPhone and iPod touch coming soon"

I'm pretty sure that's a new addition since my complaint. It's quite easy to see now. Still, why not make the ad say available on Ipad instead of naming more devices and then in the fine print saying its not available.

In my business if we advertise something is available, it better be available or we end up giving stuff away.

Geezle
02-08-2013, 09:05 AM
I'm pretty sure that's a new addition since my complaint. It's quite easy to see now. Still, why not make the ad say available on Ipad instead of naming more devices and then in the fine print saying its not available.

In my business if we advertise something is available, it better be available or we end up giving stuff away.

Sadly no, it's not a new addition...a couple other members have had the same issue as you :o

They should take the unsupported devices off the ad and maybe put in that it's supported on Andrioid devices, since I know a lot of people are rocking Android phones and tablets now.