PDA

View Full Version : Fourty mile and it sherburne

Ryanf
02-08-2013, 09:37 AM
So myself and my cousin are looking to try these lakes out after a long time of wanting to we are going to do it tomorrow most likely. Would appreciate any hints and or tips. Or if anyone is going to be at either would be into meeting up. Not sure yet which lake we will go to but those are the two options. Thanks in advance.

AdAMxr
02-08-2013, 10:12 AM
At 40 mile stay to the left side, opposite to the campground and the resort cabins. South side of the lake I believe. There seems to be more structure on that side. We've had are best luck fishing off the points and coves on that side. If your going to drive on your only access points are the beach/boat launch in the campground, check the ice conditions we have had a week of plus temps.

Ryanf
02-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the tips. . We hope to naile some eyes and maybe some perch.

AdAMxr
02-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Can't tell you much about the perch, but the walleye seem to like the gulp leeches on a black jig head, or med minnows on a green jig head. Been pretty hit or miss this year but usually I'm the only one on the lake when I've went.

Rob.H
02-09-2013, 06:42 AM
How's Murray doing this year? A buddy told me there aren't any walleye in it..not sure what to believe.

AdAMxr
02-09-2013, 08:38 AM
I've been out there a few times, haven't caught or heard of anyone catching a walleye out there this year. It's even been a bad year for pike, best day I managed 2. Murray's kind of a dud I hate how the water is so murky, can't even see the bottom fishing in 4 FOW

madatter
02-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Murray used to be a pretty good lake for pike....walleye are in there but how many?
It's shallow shallow...
Once open water gets here ill put the boat in out of curiosity more than anything.

Rob.H
02-09-2013, 01:16 PM
yeah I think most of these I'll have to check in the summer when I can cover more water rather than wasting a whole day on the ice. Oh well plent of trout lakes to go around. Although Cavan, spruce coulee and reesor have all slowed down.

brobinson
02-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Is Cavan still a city on the ice every day? I haven't been out there since I saw 100+ people there one Saturday.

madatter
02-10-2013, 10:54 AM
I've only been out there one Saturday and it was no where near that busy...
I do a lot of fishing during the week.
Shift work does have its benefits!:)

cdkeim
02-10-2013, 10:57 AM
I'm jealous Madatter!

bloom
02-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Lots of good ice at Grassy. Over 20'' where I was at.