PDA

View Full Version : there is hope for future generations

artie
02-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Tonite I was walking my dog in a dog park and a young lad came up with his 6 month old pup and we got to talking. I was very surprised to hear how much he knew about firearms and ballistics. He has a marlin 270 and his dad had a 3006 and they spend alot of time shooting coyotes. He wants to get a 308 and get into long range shooting. I told him I had a 7mm and he told me it was pretty hard to be accurate with a gun that kicks so hard. He suggersted I start using nosler partition bullets and so on. I told him he was a rare young man and he said "I know all my friends spend their time on video games." You can see the influence of his dad in him and it did my old heart good to see a young man who was so into hunting and guns.

hal53
02-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Tonite I was walking my dog in a dog park and a young lad came up with his 6 month old pup and we got to talking. I was very surprised to hear how much he knew about firearms and ballistics. He has a marlin 270 and his dad had a 3006 and they spend alot of time shooting coyotes. He wants to get a 308 and get into long range shooting. I told him I had a 7mm and he told me it was pretty hard to be accurate with a gun that kicks so hard. He suggersted I start using nosler partition bullets and so on. I told him he was a rare young man and he said "I know all my friends spend their time on video games." You can see the influence of his dad in him and it did my old heart good to see a young man who was so into hunting and guns.
:):):sHa_shakeshout:great to hear.....wish the young man well...congrats to his parents!!!