PDA

View Full Version : Newell ice?

brobinson
02-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Hey guys me and a buddy are going out to Newell in the morning. How's the ice on jack fish bay? Thickness? Are you guys still driving on? Also how's the fishing been? Is there anybody that's targeted perch in the bay? Thanks a bunch guys. It's the first trip out to Newell this year and last year we only got one pike under size. I'd like to get any information that would help us be successful!

WayneChristie
02-08-2013, 08:02 PM
going to be there tomorrow as well, ice should still be in the 2 foot range. likely lots of people out. take cleats!!!!

brobinson
02-08-2013, 08:20 PM
going to be there tomorrow as well, ice should still be in the 2 foot range. likely lots of people out. take cleats!!!!

Thank you sir!

WayneChristie
02-08-2013, 08:25 PM
likely be around the north end of the island, dirty white truck say hi if you are around.

brobinson
02-08-2013, 08:54 PM
likely be around the north end of the island, dirty white truck say hi if you are around.

Sounds good well be in a black pathfinder. Well probably be the only ones not catching fish!

WayneChristie
02-08-2013, 09:01 PM
its slow right now, but there are always one or two that will bite.

walley
02-08-2013, 11:38 PM
Hey Wayne, can a guy get on at either the Kinbrook boat launch or sailing club launch? Thanks

WayneChristie
02-09-2013, 06:37 PM
nice to meet you guys today, fishing was dead slow though, one hammerhandle. a fair number checking the bait but just not hungry. ended up moving and did a little better. but not much. Dont know about the access around the park, thinking of going that way tomorrow, havent fished that area yet this season.

Crazy Horse
02-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Hey Wayne it was good to meet you today. Going again tomorrow just not to sure where yet. Either green wall or the pump house. I also would like to explore other parts I've been scoping out, but for how slow its been might have to stick to the areas I know for a better chance. Access at kinbrook is good, no problems getting on.

WayneChristie
02-09-2013, 07:01 PM
I know that area, it still sucked today :bad_boys_20: got some video of a couple that were hanging around, including the one Ive caught before with the spot and his new decoration. I managed to catch my first reservoir perch today, just a wee guy, but my first anyways.

brobinson
02-09-2013, 07:20 PM
It was great to meet you too today. We started at that first spot and my buddy got a hard hit on his tip up and when we got over to it the fish managed to bite right through the leader. We ended up going all the way around the island with no other bites all day. Goodluck tomorrow. I think I'm heading out to sherburne. It's a little closer and I'm all by my lonesome tomorrow.

gor
02-09-2013, 07:32 PM
I was at jack fish this morning and dead slow, moved to pump house at noon and things where a little better. They are loosing teeth and all gums seem to be soft with loose teeth.

cdkeim
02-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Was at the bay yesterday, and did have a fair number of bites, but could not get them hooked up. using the same set ups as a couple weeks ago where I almost hooked up every bite. Maybe just coincidence or is something else going on.(aka gor's idea about the soft gums)

WayneChristie
02-10-2013, 07:44 PM
I hit the entrance to Reddelback this morning, out center in 17 feet first, saw whites and a few pike but nothing would bite, headed over closer to the point in 7 feet, saw a school of perch and lots of whites again but no bites. lots of ice, not much snow, I drove on at the sailing club.

cujo1969
02-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Pike dont lose there teeth all at once and they just replace as they lose one. Its a myth that they lose them all at once its just an excuse for pooor day out fishing.

WayneChristie
02-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Pike dont lose there teeth all at once and they just replace as they lose one. Its a myth that they lose them all at once its just an excuse for pooor day out fishing.

no such thing as a poor day out fishing:sHa_shakeshout:. poor day out catching, thats another story :sHa_sarcasticlol:

cdkeim
02-11-2013, 07:20 AM
LOL...that is sooooo true Wayne!!