PDA

View Full Version : mcgregor today

cujo1969
02-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Was out for a couple hours on the north end. Caught couple nice walleye and few other bites. Ice was good still some snow on ice.Anyone else out on mcgregor to at about 5pm a white truck went straight south down the middle of the lake till they went outta site just wondered if anyone from AO.

alacringa
02-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Thought I'd update...I was at McGregor this evening, from 4:30-10:00. I had set up, and had just taken the first bite of the sub I had brought for dinner, when my flag popped up...the axle on the tip-up was spinning like mad. Ended up being a 31" pike...not bad from there. As evening advanced, the Walleye started biting. I landed several in the 19-24" range, and lost one.

As for conditions, the ice is bare, for the most part, with just a tiny bit of water on it -- enough to make it VERY slippery. Just be careful. Ice thickness > 2'.

slingshotz
02-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the update. Which end of the lake where you at? Did you see any burbs?

alacringa
02-17-2013, 10:11 AM
I was at the East end of the North dam. I was hoping for some burbot, but I've never had luck with them.