PDA

View Full Version : Hows good old Calling Lake these Days?

greywolffan
02-09-2013, 07:12 AM
Time to head up there soon. Seems not many people fish there anymore or just not reporting. Is the lake driveable aroung the tower area or do you have to walk out. Not too worried about fishin reports as calling has always been good for me late in the day for Walleye. any info would be great. Went to Cross last week and it was a mess to drive around and all we got was small perch. Biggest was 9.5 inches and tons of people.

greywolffan
02-13-2013, 03:01 PM
I cant believe no one fishes this lake anymore. Just wanted to find out the driving conditions. Thanks

Safety D
02-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Last time I was there in the winter it was DEAD. Alive in June though !!

Mayhem
02-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Was there on Sunday, at Ben Auger pk. Not driveable, fishing was slow but we didn't have a sled so couldn't move around much.

Warmbreeze
02-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Need a sled or snowshoes! Lake is dead this time of year unless you know the when and where, which you can't get to without a sled.

baptiste_moose
02-13-2013, 09:54 PM
I was there a week ago fishing an under water hump. Did well. Put about 15 on the ice. The biggest was just over 5 lbs. The fish are healthy again. Perch were on the flasher in 35 FOW. I heard a rumour they are stocking it with perch. Driving was tough but made it happen. I could sure smell my tranny when I stopped. 22" of ice. No heaves! Good luck. Everyone else I talked to said it was slow but I never fish VW in the winter and thats where everyone seemed to be!

Here's a few pics from the trip
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?p=1833028#post1833028

greywolffan
02-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the posts. Will be heading there next week and will let you know how we do up there.