PDA

View Full Version : Pontoon Boat Mods

drifter
02-10-2013, 02:01 PM
I've started getting ready for the 2013 open water season by picking up a one man pontoon boat and was wondering if any one has some mods they would like to share. It would be great to hear about your past projects.

Cheers

WillyOneStyle
02-10-2013, 02:07 PM
I found this while surfing the web one day, hope it helps:

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=202149;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC ;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unre ad

REDLINE
02-11-2013, 12:03 PM
I have a Colorado XT (http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/boating-equipment/pontoon-boats/colorado-xt-pontoon/prod268585.html) that I'm thinking about selling. Bought it 2 years ago, used it lots. Its a great little pontoon boat.

I didn't use it much last year, mostly because I didn't have time and I got a canoe!

If you're interested let me know, I'm in Edmonton.

REDLINE

nb180
02-11-2013, 05:57 PM
i have a fish cat 8 i have a new ss rear hoop installed as did not come with one when i bought the boat it new aluminum plate to replace the old net moved the net under the seat so the rouge items dont get lost padded under side of seat cross bars for a little comfort when carrying rear wheel for longer trips in to lakes :) and the best mod of all is the seat for my daughter to ride shot gun makes for great times !
mods to come double wheel to make even longer trips a breeze .

waynep
02-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Scotty rod holders 1 in front of you and 1 behind you on opposite side, Scotty anchor lock if your pontoon doesn't have one built in, swivel for your seat, fish finder and trolling motor if your going to hit any mid size lakes especially if you think that you will run into some wind!
Wayne

drifter
02-11-2013, 09:54 PM
i have a fish cat 8 i have a new ss rear hoop installed as did not come with one when i bought the boat it new aluminum plate to replace the old net moved the net under the seat so the rouge items dont get lost padded under side of seat cross bars for a little comfort when carrying rear wheel for longer trips in to lakes :) and the best mod of all is the seat for my daughter to ride shot gun makes for great times !
mods to come double wheel to make even longer trips a breeze .

Cool seat for the daughter.

drifter
02-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Scotty rod holders 1 in front of you and 1 behind you on opposite side, Scotty anchor lock if your pontoon doesn't have one built in, swivel for your seat, fish finder and trolling motor if your going to hit any mid size lakes especially if you think that you will run into some wind!
Wayne

Trolling motor for sure and a fish finder is a must but I was wondering about a swivel for the seat.

Thanks

waynep
02-12-2013, 05:34 AM
If you putting a trolling motor on the swivel seat makes it so much easier to use. And it's nice to be able to fish all the way around your pontoon.
Wayne

Soon2flypat
08-20-2013, 08:36 PM
I just got my first pontoon and I'm looking at doing a few mods myself. Definitely going to be adding a trolling motor which I already have. It's a minn Kota 30. Just wondering if anybody has tried to build a foot pedal type steering system and how you did it. Pics are great.
Also was wondering if anybody has tried adding a keel of some type to make trolling a little easier?