PDA

View Full Version : Laker tactic advice

bessiedog
02-10-2013, 05:06 PM
We got the little guys figured out... Can catch small snakes pretty easy.

Tried a baited jig with a flasher through the water collum, and had one monster just follow.

If anyone can offer some ideas via thread or PM, we'd appreciate it.

splake0
02-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Take the bait off. If they follow try being a little more. Aggressive. Reel a little faster. Jig harder.

If they follow your on the right track.

bessiedog
02-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Take the bait off?

TylerThomson
02-10-2013, 06:23 PM
What I found works for me if they start following is to do my damndest to not let them bite the hook. I real up fast like my hook is trying to get away from it. If it doesn't trigger a strike I'll drop it back down below them and come up through the column again working it quickly. I've had people comment that I'm "reeling to fast" but they aren't catching what I'm catching :D

Kgz
02-10-2013, 06:42 PM
What I found works for me if they start following is to do my damndest to not let them bite the hook. I real up fast like my hook is trying to get away from it. If it doesn't trigger a strike I'll drop it back down below them and come up through the column again working it quickly. I've had people comment that I'm "reeling to fast" but they aren't catching what I'm catching :D

X2, you can't reel faster than a trout can swim

mayuan
02-10-2013, 07:04 PM

X3

tight line
02-11-2013, 12:48 AM

Lol, and yet people on here say bringing them up too fast kills them...they obviously dont have sonars. My new thing is getting them to chase, once they are about 30 feet look down the hole( if you have a shack) and watch the carnage! And if they are big get ready for a spooling! Man i love Lake Trout. Friday i had one come up so fast, he hit probably 5 feet below the ice, when he turned around and ran water surged up my hole! Lol

LCCFisherman
02-11-2013, 07:53 AM
What truck you drive tightline?

tight line
02-11-2013, 08:19 AM
What truck you drive tightline?

We had a tan duramax last weekend. Not a local, but make a few trips a year!. Usually have pop up huts. Probably head back in a few weeks... Hopefully! Lol