PDA

View Full Version : Coyote's

ToXicXxX
02-11-2013, 09:37 PM
So I am currently on the hunt for land to shoot coyote's on, and I am wondering if there is any good crown land for it, or if im pinned to asking farmers and land owners permission?

I was down in the waiporous area friday and heard there could be yotes, but even venturing a fair distance I didn't see a single one.

Bound2Fish
02-11-2013, 09:45 PM
:sign0161: :party0052:

ToXicXxX
02-11-2013, 09:54 PM
:sign0161: :party0052:

What? Im after some fur and im not the biggest fan of paying for it!

st99
02-11-2013, 10:00 PM
coyotes all over.... you just need to refine your tactic

ToXicXxX
02-11-2013, 10:01 PM
coyotes all over.... you just need to refine your tactic

Well I had noticed run at them yelling with a shotgun wasn't the best. But seriously, the only places i've seen them is on country hills drive off of stoney... Can't exactly discharge there!

Bound2Fish
02-11-2013, 10:02 PM
1. Map town - buy map, find crown land.
2. Make contact - contact landowners, preferably in person, get permission.
3. Use the search function - has been discussed every 3rd day on this forum

ToXicXxX
02-11-2013, 10:09 PM
1. Map town - buy map, find crown land.
2. Make contact - contact landowners, preferably in person, get permission.
3. Use the search function - has been discussed every 3rd day on this forum

Call me skiddish, but I feel very weird about driving up to someones house in the middle of nowhere, ringing their bell and stating "hello, my name is Kyle, I am wondering if I could have permission to shoot at coyote's on your land". It just feels very intrusive.

Im guessing if I do that, ones with livestock would be more inclined to say yes?

Bound2Fish
02-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Be polite, be friendly. Most are inclined to let you hunt on their land and do appreciate the visit. Find out if they are having problems with pests and varmints and ask if you can help them. Make it a win win for both parties. Dont get discouraged if you get a few no's, the yes' will more than make up for it.

ToXicXxX
02-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Be polite, be friendly. Most are inclined to let you hunt on their land and do appreciate the visit. Find out if they are having problems with pests and varmints and ask if you can help them. Make it a win win for both parties. Dont get discouraged if you get a few no's, the yes' will more than make up for it.

I will try it out some time next week when the new R700 arrives, im hoping I can find someone. I could even go for some rabbit fur right now, would make a nice bomber hat.

Kale_M
02-12-2013, 04:52 AM
Call me skiddish, but I feel very weird about driving up to someones house in the middle of nowhere, ringing their bell and stating "hello, my name is Kyle, I am wondering if I could have permission to shoot at coyote's on your land". It just feels very intrusive.

Im guessing if I do that, ones with livestock would be more inclined to say yes?

How do you think everyone else gets permission? Don't be an idiot and most will let you hunt yotes

HillTophunter
02-12-2013, 06:47 AM
When i first started hunting i was very unsure of just driving up to someones farm yard and asking for permission. First get your self a county map of the area you want to hunt and a phonebook! Go for a cruise and scout some areas that would hold coyotes ( look for sign, tracks etc..). Look up the land owners name on the county map and give him a call before you go driving up. Be polite and respect anything they tell you..

Good luck man!

H380
02-12-2013, 07:10 AM

How do you get permission for deer hunting ?

philintheblank
02-12-2013, 07:53 AM
you will find that almost every rancher will be more than happy to talk to you, some of the older ones might even invite you in for coffee. as long as you don't go banging on doors at first light on a saturday or sunday morning then your good to go. only once have i called somebody for permission and that was only after i went to the guys farm 3 times and spoke with his wife, once about retrieving a coyote i shot with my bow that ran into their back feild.

this is my usual conversation with rachers/farmers:

Hi there, my name is ________. is this your property?.... i was wondering if it would be ok with you if my freind and I do some coyote hunting on your property.... is there anywhere you want me to park my truck? ..... i leave the keys in it incase you need to move it..... no, i take the coyotes with me.... thanks again, i drive this black truck and my freind has a silver one, is it all right if we come back next weekend also?......great, take care.

not many people say no....