PDA

View Full Version : Smoking in the fishing hut

great white whaler
02-13-2013, 07:09 AM
Yes or no ? the smoking affect me,,and all my fishing buddies smoke

Bound2Fish
02-13-2013, 07:10 AM
No smoking in my tent.

Ask them to step outside if it really bothers you. Or get your own tent and have your own rules.

great white whaler
02-13-2013, 07:13 AM
it is my own tent...of to buy a no smoking sign :)

New Hunter Okotoks
02-13-2013, 07:18 AM
Your tent, your rules.

If you're out ice fishing with someone, really it should not matter who's tent it is though anyways. If someone is affected by cigarette smoke, it would be just common courtesy for the smoker to get out of the tent for 5 minutes and have a smoke.

Justanotherbuck2
02-13-2013, 07:19 AM
I'm surprised your friends would smoke in such a confined space with you, sorta like just lighting up in someones home. I have found in the past 15 years or so that smokers are more than happy to respect your space, by just stepping outside to indulge. Perhaps you should just ask them to step outside the confines of the tent. I'm sure they will oblidge.

Bound2Fish
02-13-2013, 07:20 AM
Kick them out of your tent. They have to play by your rules. You dont like it, tell them it bothers you and everything inside that tent ends up stinking like cigarette smoke. Or carry a small spray bottle and treat them like cats. Everytime they light up, give them a nice spray to the face and cig.

Bound2Fish
02-13-2013, 07:22 AM
Those are the same guys that light up in your truck without asking knowing your a non-smoker.

Phil67
02-13-2013, 07:31 AM
Trade your buddies in for new ones.

S-in-Cochrane
02-13-2013, 07:37 AM
I wasn't going to reply, but here we are.

First off, no disrespect intended.

You're a grown man. If you don't want your buddies smoking in your shack tell them, or get new buddies.

Seems pretty simple.

Ice Fishing Maniac
02-13-2013, 07:39 AM
If they cant respect you not to smoke in the tent (b/c they are too lazy to have a quick puff outside) either find new friends or get your own tent-therefore your rules.

sgtpatiolantern
02-13-2013, 07:53 AM
It's never been a problem for me. I used to smoke, quit in '99, but I never smoked around non smokers and since I quit no one has smoked around me. I guess there are still a few out there who may not think before lighting up, but I think they have become the minority. It's illegal to smoke anywhere these days anyway. I found out recently that in Red Deer, the City Bylaw states you can't even smoke in your own rental apartment. Didn't know they could do that.

fish gunner
02-13-2013, 08:02 AM
Never bothers me to step out side for a dart ,from my own tent. Why this would be an issue between friends is puzzling.
I am trying to quit , some days it's easy others not so much .

bigshell
02-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Yup all you gotta do is say outside with the ciggs. Most folks won't light up inside anywhere now unless they are told they can.

Mike_W
02-13-2013, 08:38 AM
I honestly have no fishing or hunting buddies that smoke lighting up in my tent would go over no better than in my truck .....grow some and say something!!!

Wazy.338
02-13-2013, 08:54 AM
Trade your buddies in for new ones.

:sHa_sarcasticlol:

But very true...." Hey bud, you mind stepping outside if your going to smoke?..Thanks"

That simple

Supermag
02-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Just tell them to smoke outside, or invite them to eat their dinner in the bathroom with you the day after wings and beer night. LOL

Rumtan
02-13-2013, 09:38 AM
I cant imagaine someone being so inconsiderate as to NOT ask. I would be less inclined to invite them next trip. I would eat beans just to pay them back.

TomE
02-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Just Maybe..

SCHOOCH
02-13-2013, 10:01 AM
I own the tent, i'm the only fool that still smokes and i always leave the tent for a smoke.......a cold bucket of water poured over whoever lights one up will really get your point across:fighting0074: Hopefully your bigger than your buddies

canamdon
02-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Holy Crap!!!!!!!

I don't even smoke in my own tent if anyone else is with me. I go outside because of that rare, little thing called RESPECT.

Tell them to grow up!

greylynx
02-13-2013, 10:09 AM
I would have thought there would have been numerous answers like "It depends upon what you are smoking" :acigar::bad_boys_20:

Ken07AOVette
02-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Zero chance.

My other fishing buddy is so awesome, when we are in his shack, he goes out to smoke

artie
02-13-2013, 10:52 AM
next time someone lights up in your tent have a coughing fit. realy put on a good show lying on the ice kicking and grasping. just make sure no one tries to give you mouth to mouth. The guys I hike with we have a rule no toughing lips so if you have a heart attack around us your going to die.:sHa_shakeshout:

Mutter87
02-13-2013, 10:53 AM
I don't smoke anything, but won't allow Cigarettes to be smoked in my shack.

iamkorean
02-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Wanna trade your buds with mine?
I've got one with Youtube@max.volume+throwing anything into the ice hole, kick'n bucket seat, jumping in and out of tent, flah lighting on my eyes +
yet no smoker... but i am ... wanna trade :)

fishtank
02-13-2013, 11:13 AM
i am sure they can go outside and have a smoke, i don't smoke, i don't secondhand smoke either.
i don't like to take the big tent unless i have to , i preferred we each get our own tent ,and we just fish close like Marco polo distance.

millartech
02-13-2013, 11:20 AM
If I am by myself I will smoke in my tent. If people are with me that do not smoke, then I will always step outside unless they say don't worry about it. I wont ask them, I just step outside. If they bring it up then so be it. Now this is for cigaraettes. Different rules for other smokeables.

Winch101
02-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Good thing your not goin to cold lake with Nikanit....:scared0018:

I would love to have a derby partner no smoking period,, no drinking(in truck or

Boat) a few beers around the fire ok ,but I am sort of embarrassed to post this.... Pretty demanding .....I have blown off a few hunting and fishing

Partners over the years ,those breakfast beers in the truck just don't

Wash with me....I have never smoked , played hockey ....

HERE it is ....If YOU are not happy hunting and fishing than what is there

Your in charge of that job.

Get out the paper bag....The secret to any good relationship is
Communication ..:grouphug:

Outcast 1100
02-13-2013, 03:46 PM
420 please stay in my tent, tobacco sorry man your out...:)

Isopod
02-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Do your buddies a favour and take up smoking. Then you can all enjoy smoking in the warmth of your tent and no-one need bother to go out into the cold.

latenite
02-13-2013, 04:56 PM
i smoke, and i can't stand smoking in my pop-up, waaaay too thick. i agree they should have at least asked, but if they're friends, they should know you don't puff. you got to say something to them if it bothers you. second hand smoke is not good, and they shouldn't subject you to it. you sir are an exaggerated canadian!!! lol, way too polite.

Wild&Free
02-13-2013, 05:48 PM
I smoke, but go outside my own tent to have one. Confined spaces and cigarettes do not go well together.

guywiththemule
02-13-2013, 05:59 PM
I don`t smoke. I don`t care if you do. Smoke if you want in my tent, truck, house or near my horse or mule; I could care less, knock yourself out. I do not mind the smell.:)

338Bluff
02-13-2013, 06:24 PM
Pretty sure it scares off the fish......

Seriously that would make me gag and I'm a reformed tobacco addict.

harrydude
02-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Now this is a good topic.

What about the stupid smokers that do go out side but go up wind. Or if you are out talking to the smoker and keep moving to get out of the drift but said smoker jut moves with you

And now the rant about butts like come on guys pick up your crap.

I like the saying I do not spit in your face so don't blow smoke in mine.

Guitarplayingfish
02-13-2013, 06:48 PM
I often smoke cigars while icefishing..

I never smoke in my tent... You'll be breathing that crap in the rest of the day. Even I step outside my own tent to have a puff of cigar.

wetchimo
02-13-2013, 07:02 PM
I often smoke cigars while icefishing..

I never smoke in my tent... You'll be breathing that crap in the rest of the day. Even I step outside my own tent to have a puff of cigar.

My new best friend!!! I love my cigars while fishing but can't find anyone to smoke them with. I don't mind relaxing and smoking a cigar inside the tent but would only do it if everyone is smoking and need to have the windows open.

manion1
02-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Me and my fishing buddies have two tents, one for smokers, one for non smokers, that way everyone is happy.

mooseknuckle
02-13-2013, 08:27 PM
I never smoke in buddies tents. But I have in mine. When it's really cold and the bite is hot. I stand up and try to blow it out the little vent.

Jimboy
02-14-2013, 02:50 AM
let go a beer and pizza greaser fart , that,ll square things up:sHa_shakeshout: