PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got their tags for this year yet?

fordtruckin
02-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Well I picked up my general deer and elk tags for this coming season last night. Any one else picked up their tags yet? Now I just have to put in for draws when they open.

roger
02-15-2013, 06:48 AM
albertans system works from the springtime to next years spring.

it probably would be better to have it jan 1 to dec 31,
-i would like to see the ability to prepurchase a four or six pack worth of draws for one species that would automatically apply for the next four or six years to build priority automatically or just change the zone choice every year before the draw deadline.

H380
02-15-2013, 07:11 AM
This years tags are available now ? Thought the 2012 hunting year didn't end til Mar.31,,

L.O.S.T.Arrow
02-15-2013, 08:14 AM
????..*Whistle* Check to see if it states 2012 or 2013 on the licences..

Is this a joke?:sign0161:

buckbrushoutdoors
02-15-2013, 08:22 AM
He's from montana

walking buffalo
02-15-2013, 08:23 AM
F'ruckin,

Must be fun to turn on the radar.

Damn Yankees. :lol:

L.O.S.T.Arrow
02-15-2013, 08:54 AM
:D got me...lol

Here in ALberta..

ALBERTA
WILDLIFE ACT

Chapter W‑10

Expiry

17 Unless otherwise specified on a licence or permit, the licence or permit expires on March 31 following the date of its issue.

Neil

Okotokian
02-15-2013, 09:48 AM
-i would like to see the ability to prepurchase a four or six pack worth of draws for one species that would automatically apply for the next four or six years to build priority automatically or just change the zone choice every year before the draw deadline.

I don't think I understand your point Roger. "Automatically build priority"? If you bought 4 years worth you wouldn't/shouldn't automatically and immediately be given a priority 4. Right? If you did I'd buy ten years worht of Turkey draws and hunt them this spring with a priority 10. I don't think that's what you meant.

So it's just a matter of convenience in not having to apply each year? Problem I see with that is people moving, stopping hunting, or just forgetting that they applied ahead, and then draws being granted to people who will never actually purchse a license, wasting the chance for another.

fordtruckin
02-15-2013, 06:48 PM
our licenses are good for March 1st through Feb 28 the following year. You can buy next years license/general tags starting January 14th I believe. Draws start/end at various times throughout the year. So you all cant BUY your next year's license until after your current year is over??

L.O.S.T.Arrow
02-15-2013, 08:23 PM
:D No... but we don't need licences for draw thou

Neil

fordtruckin
02-16-2013, 08:34 AM
:D No... but we don't need licences for draw thou

Neil

well we don't need them for Draw, just for permits. Not quite sure why they do both cause its kinda confusing but it does cost more $$ if you want to enter both draws and permits.... who knows.