PDA

View Full Version : not done yet wayne christie

waterninja
02-15-2013, 01:29 AM
was a little shocked (sucker punched) to hear wayne has decided to stop posting on this site. iv'e only been on for about a year but always enjoyed his posts. what really disturbs me is that the thread was closed after about 6 hours and i don't see any reason why. this is me saying good-bye to a fellow ao member. always got a kick out of the posts from down south as i'm up here in edm. and his stories and pics. were first rate. wishing wayne good luck and tight lines.

p.s. i'm still a sturgeon virgin and always thought you could help me with that.

NUK SOO KOW
02-15-2013, 02:08 AM
I'm sad to hear this. I am from the south and Wayne posted a lot about places I grew up going to. I enjoyed his pictures and posts, as I am now overseas it was nice to see pics of home. Do you know why or have a link to the thread I must have missed it.

NUK SOO KOW
02-15-2013, 02:10 AM
Found the thread.

ice
02-15-2013, 05:56 AM
He will be missed. Have to admit, since joining in 2010 the quality of post's on here has declined. Too much senseless arguing.
I tip my hat to you mr Christie. It's been a pleasure.

Freedom55
02-15-2013, 06:44 AM
The rolling hillbilly quit before the packhunter comments. mark-edmonton sent him a pm but did not acknowlege the fishing god as the fishing god after wayne snotted him off re; the barbed hook thread from yesterday.

I know that this is not a popular opinion, but mr. christie started the tough talk before the "it's only Alberta...take it for all it's worth" guy got asking his off topic questions. When the moderators refused to lynch the two guys who dared question him, Wayne decide to take his ball and go home.

Back in my baseball days, we called that the swollen cranium syndrome. Mostly it was the pitchers; sometimes it was the water boy.

BeeGuy
02-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Your post is the case in point.

Due ewe knot sea?

pickrel pat
02-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Sounds like some hurt feelers.....boys... Its only little letters formed on a screen. Both inademate objects.... Dont let it hurt you.

diamond k
02-15-2013, 07:59 AM
He asked to have his profile deleted so delete it and let him go. I am all for open debate but if your answer is to take your ball and go home then go. By the way WC is not above causing a bit of crap on his own and has in the past called people out and then go to hiding so see ya.

Willowtrail
02-15-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm going to miss wayne but still get to be his friend on Facebook.

See you Friday buddy

EZM
02-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Wayne made many great contributions to this forum. It was one of the main reasons I enjoyed this forum - it's guys like him that add substance to this forum.

Who else posted as many pictures, videos and perspectives. I don't think anyone else contributed quite like Wayne.

Sometimes contributors can be direct and passionate about thier thoughts and opinions - it's hard to detect tone or intent sometimes in the form of the written word. Sometimes we need to re-read our responses and sometimes we need to cut each other some slack.

Wayne's experience and contribution has earned him this right in my mind.

I am sad to see him go.

Alberta Bigbore
02-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Many have contributed beyond belief in this forum.. not just wayne.. dont ever forget that...

Sad reality... is this forum is full of grown children ... and quality members go under attack, and have to defend everything they say. Sheephunter ring a bell? He got tired of defending everything he had to say as well.

Anyways, today is a new day. KCCO

densa44
02-15-2013, 08:34 AM
A little more decorum would go a long way, we don't need to squabble amoung ourselves.

Lefty-Canuck
02-15-2013, 08:50 AM
We all have our good and bad days here....for some it becomes too much and they leave

What some of those folks have to realize is if they felt attacked it could have something to do with how they conducted themselves in heated moments or the frequency they engaged in such moments.

Wayne is/was a great asset IMHO to the forum and I appreciated his pics and stories.

Sometimes you have to take a deep breath and if someone wants to engage you in a negative way, step away from the keyboard.

Honestly if you don't respond to trolls who are they going to argue with? themselves? the thread will become a buried memory anyhow....unless it deals with mojitos , black dodge duallys, or barbells :)

LC

ak-71
02-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Sad to see Wayne go, he didn't only post useful and interesting videos, but he also gave good advise and tips on PMs if you asked him. I will miss his posts

zoolander89
02-15-2013, 09:18 AM
It is very unfortunate to see him go, although I was able to get out with him once this year and learn from his untammed prowous, which I am still greatful for. Wayne was a great guy to this forum an to anyone in need of some good fishing stories. Good luck Wayne, hope you catch that 100 sturgeon goal this year

SCHOOCH
02-15-2013, 09:30 AM
I thought this site was for outdoorsmen that have the same passion.....THE OUTDOORS.....its seems if someone posts a picture..you get attacked.....if you ask a question.....you get attacked......you have a simple difference of opinion.....you get attacked! This happens more times than not and thats why guys with the know how seem to stay away from posting anything. I use this site for one simple reason and thats to learn new techniques and hopefully to make some new friends with similiar interests. I fished with Wayne many times this hard water season and i will continue to fish with him through out the year. I have also fished with several other AO members and have found everyone of them to be great upstanding guys. That being said some people on here have to relax and not take everyones comments as a personal punch to their sacks (of course as long as its not a personal attack) thats why i believe we have MODS on this site...correct me if im wrong but people do get kicked off here for stepping out of bounds!!!??? So in a nut shell boys....GROW THE HELL UP and lets get back to what is actually important to all of us. :thinking-006:

Okotokian
02-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Too bad we have to put up with personal attacks and insults. However, the mods bounce a few. The past couple days have been a breath of fresh air.

bessiedog
02-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Who else got booted lately?

Okotokian
02-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Who else got booted lately?
Not going there. We are grown men and women. I shouldn't have said anything. Gossip unnecessary. :)

bessiedog
02-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Good point

LongDraw
02-15-2013, 10:34 AM
many have contributed beyond belief in this forum.. Not just wayne.. Dont ever forget that...

Sad reality... Is this forum is full of grown children ... And quality members go under attack, and have to defend everything they say. Sheephunter ring a bell? He got tired of defending everything he had to say as well.

Anyways, today is a new day. Kcco

lol!

Winch101
02-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Internet Skin Tuff body rub.....

Makes your skin thicker...dulls those sensitive nerve endings .

Bad point sorta smells like jack fish. :sHa_shakeshout:

MoFugger21
02-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Hope Wayne has a change of heart as he's a valuable member to this fishing community, but the reality on this forum is.....

So in a nut shell boys....GROW THE HELL UP and lets get back to what is actually important to all of us

/thread

davebuck
02-15-2013, 11:17 AM
I thought this site was for outdoorsmen that have the same passion.....THE OUTDOORS.....its seems if someone posts a picture..you get attacked.....if you ask a question.....you get attacked......you have a simple difference of opinion.....you get attacked! This happens more times than not and thats why guys with the know how seem to stay away from posting anything. I use this site for one simple reason and thats to learn new techniques and hopefully to make some new friends with similiar interests. I fished with Wayne many times this hard water season and i will continue to fish with him through out the year. I have also fished with several other AO members and have found everyone of them to be great upstanding guys. That being said some people on here have to relax and not take everyones comments as a personal punch to their sacks (of course as long as its not a personal attack) thats why i believe we have MODS on this site...correct me if im wrong but people do get kicked off here for stepping out of bounds!!!??? So in a nut shell boys....GROW THE HELL UP and lets get back to what is actually important to all of us. :thinking-006:

Same feeling

Bill Strong
02-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Wayne Christie mishandled fish. All his pics were of fish lying on the floor
of his tent, lying on the ice, lying on rocks, lying in mud covered in mud.
He was rubbing the protective slime off those fish, making them
susceptiple to disease. Too much handling and time taking pics of fish
that were small and average size.

Cal
02-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Lol, time for a "re-boot" I'm guessing.

Wayne actualy caught fish. When I first joined this board Wayne was pitching Len Thompson's from a Coleman canoe and posting pictures of "meh" sized pike. He knew they were "meh" sized too and posted the pictures more for everyone elses benifit than his own. This attitude never got lost and for every time he bragged up a big fish there were a dozen other photo's posted just so we could share in the enjoyment he got from spending time on the water. The fisherman that left this board learned what he knew, and accomplished what he did because he loved fishing and spent a ton of time on the water, and caught a ton of fish as a result. We've got "experts" out the yin yang on this board but very few guys like Wayne. Sadly most of the other guys that I respect as much as Wayne have also left thoe board, or become fairly quiet over the last few years.

Sooner
02-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Geez, dont come on for a day or two and now Waynes has called it quits. Too Bad imo, he was one of the good ones. If your lurking, thanks for posting Wayne. How long till Bill Strong is hit with the ban hammer.

Okotokian
02-15-2013, 03:50 PM
HAHAHAHA ive got a very good guess who this 1 is...........NICE!!!!!!!

It's Wayne Christie having some fun!!!!!!!! :sHa_shakeshout:

Okotokian
02-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Geez, dont come on for a day or two and now Waynes has called it quits. Too Bad imo, he was one of the good ones. If your lurking, thanks for posting Wayne. How long till Bill Strong is hit with the ban hammer.

WOW FAST! he's already listed as suspended now! LOL

SCHOOCH
02-15-2013, 03:59 PM
WOW FAST! he's already listed as suspended now! LOL

Thats awesome....at least the MOD isnt messing around anymore.....insult someone and get the boot!!!!!!!

pickrel pat
02-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Thats awesome....at least the MOD isnt messing around anymore.....insult someone and get the boot!!!!!!!

Billstrong is a suspended user that made another account to come back and beak off. Me thinks he will be back soon under another name...

Okotokian
02-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Holy disappearing posts Batman!

IBTL! :)

Winch101
02-15-2013, 04:30 PM
I haven't been this cranked up since J.R. Got shot ...

Unfortunately well populated forums always attract the
Mentally less fortunate .You knows,the kids who were given
Books and they ate the pages . Wayne's positive contributions will be missed.
But as far as entertainment goes he was doing us a favor not vice versa.
Our loss .

As far as being hypercritical of someone who is a positive force on a forum.

Here's what the net has done for me ,it has multiplied the number of people
Whose I.Q.doesnt reach double digits ,10 fold in my life. Just keep on eating those crayons and licking your monitor sunshine .theres still hope .

Fishingaddict
02-15-2013, 04:39 PM
it will be a shame to see him go he has helped me out lots from posting pics to even advice on a lake or too i really wish he would stay :( but Wayne if you do leave i wish you tight lines and wet nets for the rest of eternity.
FA
Oh and ps i really enjoyed Wayne's picture of little pike just to show that when we are out there and we dont even get a nibble we know somewhere on who knows what lake people are catching fish. i always looked forward to coming home after school or after a day of fishing to come on and see the success Wayne has had that. i and almost every ao member that has seen a Wayne Christie post will agree the forum will never be the same if you go but if you do i hope the fish never stop biting for you and i hope i have the pleasure to fish with you on the water someday but i hope you dont leave Wayne :( but if you do GOOD LUCK you will always be remembered on this forum:cry:

sincerely Fishing Addict:(

Redfrog
02-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Well like we used to say on the squirrel farm, "It's all fun and games till someone loses a nut."

The internet doesn't chase people away, "people chase people away"

I get fed up with the crap on AO and step back for a while, Lately I've done more stepping back than stepping up. I hope the mods get a little tougher.

pickrel pat
02-15-2013, 04:43 PM
We will always have his delicious cookies to remember him by. Mr. Christey.... You make good cookies!

Tcw
02-15-2013, 09:50 PM
We have only met once, and will meet again for the same cause.
Always enjoyed your comments and will miss them.
See you soon and hopefully have time to visit.

Steven Noel
02-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Sorry to see him go. Always enjoyed his threads. Good luck and keep the bend in those heavy rods, Wayne.

baptiste_moose
02-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Wayne.

Your the only reason I use the fishing section most of the time. When I need to fish and I have the itch I just look you up cause i know you were somewhere that day. I know it takes time to start a thread and edit all the video's and explain your amazing days. Your prob the most dedicated FISHERMAN on this forum. I wish I could fish as much as you and i live vicariously through you and you experiences. Take care. p.s. start hunting cause it's alot more normal over on that side of the forum. At least alot more positive. The fishing section can be a joke sometimes. Hate to loose a great member

Dorin
:cheers:

OneGirlWolfPack
02-16-2013, 12:20 AM
God that sucks :( I'm a huge fan of Wayne's. I felt so out of place here when I signed up and Wayne sent me a pm offering to teach me how to fish. That meant so much to me and should be what this forum is about. It's really hard posting in this forum when you're just learning because people are so quick to rip on others for the most ridiculous things imaginable. People like Wayne are what makes this board worthwhile.

Wayne, thank you for your help and your friendship. I really hope you come back.

BGSH
02-16-2013, 12:29 AM
Sorry to hear Wayne, take care man.

Bigdad013
02-16-2013, 12:32 AM
no big deal really

Dacotensis
02-16-2013, 12:41 AM
no big deal really

Evidently, the majority of members feel otherwise.
You can have an opinion though. It does'nt make it right.

I enjoyed the pictures that WC brought to the forum.

Mutter87
02-16-2013, 01:23 AM
no big deal really

What a thing to say.

Me and Wayne may not see eye to eye on things, but he has always been civil with me and I enjoy reading his fishing reports.

BeeGuy
02-16-2013, 04:11 AM
What a warm community.

I love you guys.

Eddy62
02-16-2013, 04:30 AM
sorry to hear you left wayne

i have personaly drove out to were wayne lives and talked to this man and he is 1 stand up guy.

going to miss your post , pics , and videos thats for sure bro.

have a great life and keep those lines tight....................later ed

omega50
02-16-2013, 08:22 AM
Wayne's posts were a staple for me.
And obviously something that he felt dedicated to do.
Hopefully he can find another forum more suited to his talents and generous knowledge sharing nature. One which is less critical and he can continue to provide benefit.

Pincherguy
02-16-2013, 11:03 AM
I am not that much into the fishing end of things but I did enjoy the posts that I read. Not sure what happened but I wouldn't let a couple of dough heads that think they know it all make me leave. Maybe just think it over for a while Wayne, then come back on. No one will think the worse of you for this. Just think of it as " when your up to your ***** in alligators, time to get out of the pool for a while" Seriously think it over, sound like you have a good following.
PG

Alberta Bigbore
02-16-2013, 01:22 PM
no big deal really

Evidently, the majority of members feel otherwise.
You can have an opinion though. It does'nt make it right.

I enjoyed the pictures that WC brought to the forum.

What a thing to say.

Me and Wayne may not see eye to eye on things, but he has always been civil with me and I enjoy reading his fishing reports.

I think what he means to say.... if your going to leave... just leave... No need to make a drama about it which has happened with a few members lately. Always sucks losing a long time member , but life does go on. The best is when we get threats that if WE dont make another member disappear... then they themselves will leave:thinking-006:

Wayne is a great fisherman and his posts are entertaining. One thing we've noticed...9 out of 10 always come back.. maybe he will be one of the 9

Freedom55
02-16-2013, 01:57 PM
And, if you keep on kissing his feet, you may have to kiss his ring to get him to play nice. If he believes his press.

Besides. Why would such a fine person, presuming he is, lurk on this site after pulling the pin? To read his own obituary? We've been lead to believe that, like trolls, lurkers aren't to be trusted around here. Yet some are accusing him of such behaviour (in a back-handed kind of way.) Real nice!!

The new guy handled it properly. He made his remarks privately. WC made physical threats publicly. Should have been automatic.

flygirrl
02-16-2013, 02:16 PM
And, if you keep on kissing his feet, you may have to kiss his ring to get him to play nice. If he believes his press.

Besides. Why would such a fine person, presuming he is, lurk on this site after pulling the pin? To read his own obituary? We've been lead to believe that, like trolls, lurkers aren't to be trusted around here. Yet some are accusing him of such behaviour (in a back-handed kind of way.) Real nice!!

The new guy handled it properly. He made his remarks privately. WC made physical threats publicly. Should have been automatic.

Wow, nice.
We are all human and when things happen we all want to see the results. If he is lurking that is his right to do so. It is not a locked forum as far as I know. I sometimes lurk, everyone does. As far as kissing anyone feet or rings or anything else for that matter I know for a fact that WC would do anything for anyone even if he didn't agree or like someone. That's just the kind of guy he is. Testosterone, that's what it all boils down to. I'm hoping he comes back as I too enjoyed his videos. And his press as you call it, we'll there are a lot of people here that enjoyed his posts also, if you want to call it press than have at er, do you have some.

Pincherguy
02-16-2013, 02:48 PM

And how do you know he is still here and reading any of this? I assume that it is something you would do.

SCHOOCH
02-16-2013, 03:01 PM
And how do you know he is still here and reading any of this? I assume that it is something you would do.

Actually i know that he's on 1 of his favourite fishing holes and having a great day......sent me the pics to prove it! I do think its time to stop the memorial though......the mans out fishing while im stuck at home catching up on paperwork........he's doing what he does best........fishing!!!!!!!:scared0018:

TROLLER
02-16-2013, 04:03 PM
X2 time to move on

bingo1010
02-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Just another long time member who contributed lots to the forum leaving.... No big deal... How many is this in the last few months???? Soon the forum is going to be a barren troll wasteland... Full of people with nothing but opinions and no experience. Never talked to wayne personally but always enjoyed his posts, enjoy the rest of the season wayne.

maclennanchris
02-16-2013, 06:03 PM
This is a lame...Less gossip and more fishing

waterninja
02-16-2013, 09:42 PM
i was the op for this thread and my intention was to say goodbye to a member that always had a positive influence on th AO forum. whatever your reasons to pull the plug wayne i respect them. still hope to meet you one day on the ssr. good luck in all your endeavours.
see you.

Big Red 250
02-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Just another long time member who contributed lots to the forum leaving.... No big deal... How many is this in the last few months???? Soon the forum is going to be a barren troll wasteland... Full of people with nothing but opinions and no experience. Never talked to wayne personally but always enjoyed his posts, enjoy the rest of the season wayne.

I also will miss his posts and video's. I always looked forward to his fishing exploits whenever I came on the forum, which is everyday.