Pixel Shooter
02-15-2013, 02:32 PM
whohoo
Save the Dates!

Taber Pheasant Festival: October 19 - 25, 2013

No early registration.

trapshooter
02-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Just got the email! Already marked all my calendars!

densa44
02-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Like every thing else it seems some people take advantage of the goodwill of the people running the festival. I met some people who registered themselves for the whole week, one person for 3 days the second person for the next 3 days. They showed that they had a group of 4 when in truth they had 2 in the group.

I know Taber does this to attract tourists and it works, so this "dog in a manger" behaviour hurts the ability to draw more hunters/tourists.

I have some suggestions but if forewarned I'm sure they can figure out a way so as many people as possible get a chance to hunt.

aulrich
02-15-2013, 03:46 PM
This year I won't wait till 9am to hit the registration site, to think I was sitting at my computer farting about and not beating the electronic door down.

Winch101
02-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Have this thing when there is a chance the weather might cooperate

2012 was a gong show......brutal

cosmocreeper06
02-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Just started pheasant hunting this year. My better half shot her first. What can one expect in Taber? Are the dates a time to sign up to hunt in that location? Is it a release location?

winger7mm
02-16-2013, 01:19 AM
Just started pheasant hunting this year. My better half shot her first. What can one expect in Taber? Are the dates a time to sign up to hunt in that location? Is it a release location?

Yes release sites, quite a few sites dont even support a wild population, Farmers allow the release and the hunters on there property to hunt. To be honest getting invited to a site and an afternoon hunt got me hooked, I now have my own gsp and spend alot of time chasing birds, all due to the festival and killerbren ;)

If you want to get in, be fast and get in quick, the spots fill up faster then you could imagine!

bessiedog
02-16-2013, 07:05 AM
Got one more brand new bird hunter next fall. Going to take her and the dog out for this and keep my own gun in the truck.

It's gonna b great!!

kinwahkly
02-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Its to bad they dont run it a week earlier, that extra week can play havoc with weather as we ran into last year, but still overall a great way to bird hunt in Souther Alberta.

bosshog
02-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Was excited to see that email. Always a good time. Will be bringing the new pup and see how he does.

BrownTrout
02-19-2013, 01:38 AM
Its to bad they dont run it a week earlier, that extra week can play havoc with weather as we ran into last year, but still overall a great way to bird hunt in Souther Alberta.

The weather is funny. I have a friend who was there early in the week and they were wearing shorts. By the time I got there at the end of the week we were in a foot of snow.