PDA

View Full Version : Boat and Suggestions Needed

Bound2Fish
02-16-2013, 01:36 AM
Looking to buy a new boat this year. Have been looking around at different models and layouts and seem to find the Lund Crossover 1875 to be best suited for us. Only problem is budget is $30k and the crossovers seem to run around the $45k mark.

Want it to be fully rigged for fishing, and big enough and powerful enough to handle Slave Lake with ease.

I like the fold down seats in the rear along with the accessible live well at the back. Will mainly be used as a fishing boat but we do enjoy our time on the water so the front bow cushions or seats come in handy.

Currently have a Lund 1850 Tyee but want something newer and make the switch from my inboard to an outboard.

What should I look at or avoid and why? Same goes for dealerships.

Open to looking online and across the border but have no idea where to start.

Any suggestions and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Bigdad013
02-16-2013, 02:45 AM
Have you considered something bigger? For the big water I went with a cruiser, sleeps 5, have it completely rigged for fishing, very comfy, 27', a little more costly on fuel, but the family loves it. Completely out fitted, electric downriggers, finder/plotter, kicker, trailer, low engine hours 27,000. Great for a weekend getaway or longer, completely self sufficient

fish gunner
02-16-2013, 04:56 AM
Stop playing with toys for the flat lands , as Bd013 posted get a real boat that sleeps a family . It may not be the ideal walleye craft however it has so many benefits. Rough water becomes a minor inconvenience to a point . 30k +for a tinner is out side my thought process . 30k on a bc interior lake will get a guy way more boat.

EZM
02-16-2013, 09:30 AM
You are able to get a 1875 Crossover, with 150 Honda, very close to your budget.

This is an excellent boat ...........

I saved over $10,000 on the boat I recently purchased going with a great Lund dealer up here.

One other forum member, has purchased a boat this week from the same dealership and salesperson I dealt with, He was able to get a price $8,300 lower than the next best dealer. He shopped 5 other Lund dealers in Alberta and Sask and settled this week.

There are two other forum members currently speaking to this dealer. One is for a 1875 Crossover with a 150 Honda the other for a 1800 Tyee with a 150 Honda same as mine.

The price on the Crossover, which is decked out with options, comes in much lower than you might think.

PM me if you are interested ..........

Walnut999
02-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Craigs list. look for boats in Spokane and Kaisplell

TROLLER
02-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Walleye Central .com Just click on classified and you will find the boat you are looking for and at a decent price.

Several guys I know have picked up boats off walleye central and have been very happy with their purchase.

Bubs
02-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Look at a Lowe FS185. I'm in the same predicament as you right now, want the boat but don't want the ridiculous price tag and the Lowe's seem very affordable. A buddy has had 2 and swears by them, says he'll never go back to anything different.

Bound2Fish
02-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Dont plan on buying a glass boat. Also fish rivers so having the aluminum and the outboard is a must.

gramps73
02-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Why not have a look at the Crestliner every bit of the same boat but 5k cheaper..
Remember the National Coast Guard does not use rivets....

-JR-
02-16-2013, 01:29 PM
I have a 19 ft baylinner , once you go big you want to go bigger.
Would love to have one with sleeping quarters, would be great for those one day trips that end up being a sleep over in the parking lot or a back bay.
Also would be a cutting back on camping fees adding more $$$ for fuel.

Bound2Fish
02-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Will look at the Crestliners, but at the boat show for what I wanted, the price was very very close to the Lunds and I would take the Lund every day of the week over the Crestliner. Will do a bit more searching though.