PDA

View Full Version : Upland

Chuker
02-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Hi guys I'm from BC and love upland bird hunting last year was my first year hunting in alberta hunted around Redford and drumheller for pheasant and Huns also did some Muley hunting as a friend hosted me.

The deer hunting was crazy awesome but the bird hunting was slow saw some ok coveys of Huns but good luck getting close and only got three roosters in some awesome bird habitat.

Next year I'm think to try around Jenner or maybe I was hunting to late in November as there was a lot of snow on the ground just looking for so info on Jenner area and if its better hunting in oct the nov.

Thanks chuker.

catnthehat
02-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Got dog??
That will be the big difference in your bag when hunting birds, for sure!:)
Cat

kinwahkly
02-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Need a dog for sure, Ive got a great Brittany that runs for me.

trapshooter
02-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Sign up for the taber pheasant festival when registration happens. Lots of guys will be willing to give hints.

oldgutpile
02-16-2013, 04:39 PM
If you have a dog, and are looking for good upland shoots, try the Brooks/Patricia areas. Lots of upcoming shoots. Hunt about 9 months of the year on designated release sight areas.

Chuker
02-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Do have a dog and thinking of going the first week of November

Bulletproof
02-17-2013, 08:38 AM
If you did the last week of October you could throw some Sharptails in! And you wouldnt have to deal with the deer hunting rush during the first week.

trapshooter
02-17-2013, 06:11 PM
If you did the last week of October you could throw some Sharptails in! And you wouldnt have to deal with the deer hunting rush during the first week.

x2 nothing better then getting into some good coveys of sharpies especially if there is a skiff of snow on the ground!

Chuker
02-17-2013, 08:24 PM
looking forward to spending some time hunting huns,pheasant and sharpies as most of are upland are cal quail,chuker and some wild pheasants so will the sharpies be in the same area as huns or pheasant.