PDA

View Full Version : Cutbows vs Cutts?

Flieguy
02-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Can anybody tell me if there's a way to discern the difference between Cutts and Cutbows?

Taco
02-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Nothing 100% but on the cuttbows the spotting pattern will be more like a rainbow with white tipped pectoral fins and some will have a definite red band.

Pikebreath
02-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Nothing 100% but on the cuttbows the spotting pattern will be more like a rainbow with white tipped pectoral fins and some will have a definite red band.

As Taco said nothing is 100%, but cuttbows often take on the silvery hue common to rainbows while pure cutts typically have greener backs with a more orangy / reddish / brown belly.

bessiedog
02-16-2013, 03:41 PM
I've noticed that pure cuts fight way different than bows, and alot of cutbows will fight like rainbows (runs, less twisting, bulldogging down)

Pure cuts are a wimpyer fight by my estimation.

Having said that, my experience with cutties is limited to the OMR, castle, elk systems.. And the coast.

Pikebreath
02-16-2013, 04:35 PM
I've noticed that pure cuts fight way different than bows, and alot of cutbows will fight like rainbows (runs, less twisting, bulldogging down)

Pure cuts are a wimpyer fight by my estimation.

Agreed! The eco-police may not like cuttbows, but I sure do. In a cuttbow you have the rainbow spunk and abilty to grow larger than 20" (which is a rare fish in a streambred pure strain cutty),,, and the cutt's penchant to feed on top all day.