PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fish the Missouri River near Fort Benton?

Rob.H
02-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Was thinking of planning a trip there this summer to hunt some bass. Was wondering is someone could make it from Loma to Fort Benton in a day by canoe. Also if there is anything else good to do further up river(or down).

TROLLER
02-17-2013, 01:12 PM
I think it is Ft. Benton you refer to. Awful long haul in a day. Good rainbow fishn, specially if you go from Gr falls towards Cascade into the Wolf Creek Canyon. Lot's of outfitters fishn the river in that area.

Rob.H
02-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Yeah, lol, fixed the typo. I get 4 days off at a time as I'm a shift worker so I would make the haul down and stay for a few days. Was just wondering if it was worth it. Also if a trolling motor on a basshound boat would be sufficient through the current. I'm not sure how fast it flows.

TROLLER
02-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Yeah, lol, fixed the typo. I get 4 days off at a time as I'm a shift worker so I would make the haul down and stay for a few days. Was just wondering if it was worth it. Also if a trolling motor on a basshound boat would be sufficient through the current. I'm not sure how fast it flows.

It can be quick and you would just be drifting at times. It is deep enough you do not have to worry about your troller hitting bottom.

A few small rapids along the way but your basshound should do just fine.

Rob.H
02-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Great advice I'll have to try it out this summer.