PDA

View Full Version : Used boat price help

Big Schnizz
02-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Just looking for some info and suggestions on what you think this boat might be worth.

2005 16.5 Lund Explorer. It has a 90 hp Suzuki 4 stroke (not sure year but also likely 2005). It looks to be in good shape. It has a minn kota trolling motor (not sure on the details on the trolling motor). The boat is all carpet, has a livewell, some storage, some type of fish finder. That's the bulk of the info. Any ideas on how much it might be worth?

Thanks.

Bound2Fish
02-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Depending on condition and accessories, I think somewhere between $12,000 - $14,000 would be fair.

Winch101
02-17-2013, 02:29 PM
13,000 max

SCHOOCH
02-17-2013, 02:39 PM
13,000 max

x2

baptiste_moose
02-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Read some reviews on that Suzuki. 2004-2006 had some issues and possible a recall. Great motors just not the best of the 2000's.

EZM
02-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Yup ........ agreed .........in good to average condition $12,000 is a great deal, $14,000 would be on the higher end but the boat better be near mint.

This assuming you have a mid market trolling motor, like a 70lb thrust minn kota, and a $500-$600 fish finder.

TROLLER
02-17-2013, 03:59 PM
Need a little more info before anyone should be thowing out low ball numbers like 12K

Is it a tiller, does it have a walk through windshield, a bimimi top with side curtains, does it have a travel cover, is it an ez loader trailer with bunks.

Ton's of questions have to be answered before a decent number can be given. Is it scratched or rock chipped from too many gravel roads, how are the tires on the trailer and does the trailer have bearing buddies.

Also compare prices at walleyecentral.com that will give you a real good idea.

Big Schnizz
02-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Need a little more info before anyone should be thowing out low ball numbers like 12K

Is it a tiller, does it have a walk through windshield, a bimimi top with side curtains, does it have a travel cover, is it an ez loader trailer with bunks.

Ton's of questions have to be answered before a decent number can be given. Is it scratched or rock chipped from too many gravel roads, how are the tires on the trailer and does the trailer have bearing buddies.

Also compare prices at walleyecentral.com that will give you a real good idea.

Sorry - may have forgot some info. Not sure on the quality of the fish finder/trolling motor. I clearly forgot to mention that it was a side console - no walk through windshield or bimini top. It does have a travel tarp that snaps onto the boat. It has a rock guard on the trailer. It does have some rock chips on the boat and motor leg, but I have expected that. I will end up towing the boat on many gravel roads as it is, so there will surely be more to come. It has 3 seats and 3 batteries. Has 19 gallon built in fuel tank. It has an EZ loader trailer with small bunks near the back of the boat (they don't run the full length of the boat).

Winch101
02-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Side council tough sell.....also your loved ones will hate it

Those suzukis were dogs ,bad trollers,elec.

I would pass plenty of good deals around...

13if it was loaded up , this is sort of a slug.

Big Schnizz
02-17-2013, 04:49 PM
Side council tough sell.....also your loved ones will hate it

Those suzukis were dogs ,bad trollers,elec.

I would pass plenty of good deals around...

13if it was loaded up , this is sort of a slug.

Interesting. You guys are making me think which is exactly what i was looking for. I was perfectly fine with the side console and it will likely only be me and 1 or 2 friends in the boat so I'm not sure why others would hate it? I'm not looking for any loaded up boat. I want a nice fishing boat. I like the design and layout of this boat. The motor was what was concerning me after reading up.

EZM
02-17-2013, 05:35 PM
.... I assumed a walk thru full windshield but a Side console is great on those sunny warm days and days that it's not choppy and windy. You do get more space to move around, that's for sure.

Price between a side counsel and a full windshield are similar.

I'd still say $12,000 to $14,000 is a reasonable range unless it has a set of HDS 10's an i-pilot motor, down riggers, etc....

Lund does not make the explorer any more but a similar brand new Lund Rebel 16'-6" with a 90 horse Merc 4 stroke is under $20,000.

$12,000-$14,000 is about all I'd be willing to pay.

Big Schnizz
02-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. Where I am located if I wanted a new Lund Rebel with the same specs I'd be looking at $20 - $22,000 before tax plus whatever addtional options a guy might add so would probably looking at $25,000 or so. Had a look at the boat today and it's in pretty good condition for being a 2005. Motor looked to be in mint condition. Brand new prop on the motor (he showed me the old one which just had normal wear and tear on it). Trolling motor is a minn kota power drive 55 lb thrust. Trailer tires do have some wear. It has the sport track with 4 rod holders. It has a decent sonar/gps combo (can't remember which one).

This is the type of boat I'm looking for. Remember I'm not looking for a loaded boat with full walk through windshield, bimini top, etc etc. Just a nice boat to fish out of that will take some abuse once I own it from travel on gravel.