PDA

View Full Version : fished cow lake and phyliss lakes past two days were to go tomorrow? or how are you doing at these lakes ?

sago.
02-17-2013, 05:48 PM
hello,

just thought i'd give this a try just signed up today and looking forward to seeing how this site works ! been out on the ice saturday and sunday and looking to get out tomorrow as well. went to cow lake saturday and no action at all. is this normal for cow lake ? there was no one else out there either then maybe 2 other huts. thought it would of been pretty busy with ppl pre fishing for the derby that gone on today ! we went to phyliss lake today there was alot of action caught 7 rainbow and 5 perch all caught and release tho they were to small for a good meal. was wondering if anybody been pulling anything bigger out of there ?
the question now is do i go back to phyliss tomorrow or try another lake ? seeing fish in phyliss was a good motovation to keep fishing for the fiancee ! which is good not seeing anything all day makes it hard to go back out the next day !!

trouty
02-18-2013, 06:48 AM
lots of perch at burnstick, but generally small as well. The odd pike too

coors04
02-18-2013, 07:45 AM
Try Dickson Dam trout point should be lots of action there the trout will be big enough to keep if you want to ( usually you can get a couple 12-14 inch) if you go let us know how you do if you want to. Welcome to the site.:sHa_shakeshout:

coors04
02-18-2013, 07:46 AM
Pond ( not point )

sago.
02-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Thanks coors04 and trouty ended up sticking around home on sylvan lake today since the weather wasn't the greatest. wasn't to bad tried a few different spots seen some action mostly in the morning iced 2 pike and seen a massive one but got jumpy and tried setting the hook to early. but deffinatly want to try both burnstick and dickson dam out. was talking to the ppl i was fishing with today and were thinking might hit up dickson dam next saturday. if i do i'll keep yea posted !