PDA

View Full Version : nakamum or jackfish???

tonypower
02-20-2013, 03:44 PM
heading out tomorrow with the hopes of bringing a couple home for dinner. I was thinking nakamum but I have never fished jackfish and was thinking about giving it a try. what do you guys think.. nakamum for perch or jackfish for perch or maybe whites?

fisherman420
02-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Nakamun is your best bet for perch. Good walleye and average pike in jackfish but can't keep the eyes and perch are tough to come by

Safety D
02-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Hoping for dinner at those lakes ? A trip to billingsgate after to get your catch would be my guess

tonypower
02-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Nakamun is your best bet for perch. Good walleye and average pike in jackfish but can't keep the eyes and perch are tough to come by

How about whites in jackfish? Anyone have any luck?

Safety D
02-20-2013, 04:20 PM
My buddy fished Jackfish a while back. No flags all day. pretty dead never heard of whites coming out of there

AppleJax
02-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Nakamun would be a pretty safe bet on coming home with fish(perch).

coyotezh
02-20-2013, 04:58 PM
I jsut fished jackfish last weekend. Only 3 bites and got two big pikes 66cm and 68cm long......

tonypower
02-20-2013, 05:02 PM
well it looks like nakamum is where i am going. If there is anyone out tomorrow come say hi. I will be in the black cabela's tent. unless someone has a better idea on where to get perch close to edmonton. lol

HunterDave
02-20-2013, 05:04 PM
The perch weren't biting during that overcast weather that we just had so I'm betting that you'll do pretty good tomorrow!

jwloco
02-20-2013, 05:23 PM
well it looks like nakamum is where i am going. If there is anyone out tomorrow come say hi. I will be in the black cabela's tent. unless someone has a better idea on where to get perch close to edmonton. lol

The video below is from Nakamun, great fishing with a UW camera thats for sure!

http://youtu.be/k2buLvcXAe8

tonypower
02-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Thats a cool video. I was i had a camera. I have a good auger so I will punch ten holes and try to find some buigger ones for supper. lol

1Heavyhitr
02-20-2013, 05:49 PM
was out at nak last friday.. perch were slow so went for pike. got some lil ones and then a 60'',62, and took a fat 66'' pig home

jeffrey929
02-20-2013, 05:59 PM
There are no Whitefish in Jackfish... And the Walleye are catch and release

tonypower
02-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Ya i will have a tip-up going for sure. Last year I got a nice pike out of nakamum.

Phil
02-20-2013, 08:21 PM
Just got home from Nakamun. Fished from 1:00 to 5:45. Between 2 of us we caught 1 small perch. Spoke to one other gentlemen when we were setting up and he advised nothing was biting today and it had been slow yesterday and Sunday. He sounded like a regular and said he had fished his usual spots in a number of locations on the lake without any bites.

Good Luck.

HunterDave
02-21-2013, 12:22 AM
Just got home from Nakamun. Fished from 1:00 to 5:45. Between 2 of us we caught 1 small perch. Spoke to one other gentlemen when we were setting up and he advised nothing was biting today and it had been slow yesterday and Sunday. He sounded like a regular and said he had fished his usual spots in a number of locations on the lake without any bites.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the update Phil. I knew that they haven't been biting the last few days so I figure that tomorrow or the next ought to be real good!

waterninja
02-21-2013, 04:25 AM
always a little confused when fellow anglers talk about jackfish lake. there are 3 jackfish lakes that i know of (myrnam, stony, and the other one) and it's diffucult to offer advice or tips if you don't know which lake your reffering to.

AppleJax
02-21-2013, 10:03 AM
I think its safe to assume that someone from Edmonton asking about Jackfish Lake is referring to the one west of Stony Plain unless otherwise specified... How did you make out anyways Tony?

jwloco
02-21-2013, 10:35 AM
I think its safe to assume that someone from Edmonton asking about Jackfish Lake is referring to the one west of Stony Plain unless otherwise specified... How did you make out anyways Tony?

I would assume seeing as he asked this yesterday that he is currently eith on the lake or on his way there LOL

AppleJax
02-21-2013, 11:01 AM
I would assume seeing as he asked this yesterday that he is currently eith on the lake or on his way there LOL

If your going to play my words on me, use spellcheck.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

tonypower
02-21-2013, 02:24 PM
I just got back from nakamun and I had one bite and landed no fish at all. Would have tried jackfish. Lol oh well there is always next week.

HunterDave
02-21-2013, 03:51 PM
I just got back from nakamun and I had one bite and landed no fish at all. Would have tried jackfish. Lol oh well there is always next week.

I don't feel so bad about not going out there today then. They gotta start biting again soon, it's been 5 or 6 slow days now. The first nice sunny day should be good. What part of the lake were you fishing?

tonypower
02-21-2013, 04:32 PM
I was just left of the boat launch. I think I was on a sand bar. Lol the first time fished there last year it was non-stop and I brought home a few nice ones. Never thought you could get skunked there. Lol

HunterDave
02-21-2013, 06:42 PM
I was just left of the boat launch. I think I was on a sand bar. Lol the first time fished there last year it was non-stop and I brought home a few nice ones. Never thought you could get skunked there. Lol

That spot gets fished hard.....the same as at the bible camp. I've had good luck heading to spots where not a lot of people have been. If I don't get a bite in 30 minutes then I change locations. Once I find where the perch are I stick with that spot. After doing that a few times you get to have special spots that no one bothers fishing except you. If the perch aren't biting there's nothing that you can do about that though. :)

AppleJax
02-21-2013, 06:52 PM
Too bad they weren't biting hard. Sounds like someone gave you bad advise!:scared0018: