PDA

View Full Version : Lac La Nonne

ELECTRIC FISHER
02-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Just wondering if anyone has any ice thickness or info for the lake?:confused:
I am heading out this weekend hoping to get my first fish thru the ice.

AppleJax
02-21-2013, 09:54 AM
Should be well over 24" by now. Honestly this lake is very hit and miss in the winter.(Have a cabin there been fishing it my whole life) Nakamun is close by and a better guarantee.

Jamie Black R/T
02-21-2013, 10:13 AM
two weekends ago i drilled ice between 12" and up to 20"....i was on a quad.

scoured the lake looking for perch. Landed a few pike and handfull of walleye. No perch found.

Nakamun is a better bet if you just want some action....but how a grown man gets excited over an 8" perch is beyond me :sHa_sarcasticlol::scared0018:

AppleJax
02-21-2013, 10:17 AM
There are plenty over 10 inches in Nakumun, i caught my limit of them earlier this year all over 10, one was 11. Had to sort through alot of smaller ones though...

ELECTRIC FISHER
02-21-2013, 10:30 AM
My lady's parents have had a lot at Willow Bend Resort for quite a few years and we never seem to have trouble catching there in the spring and summer when we made the trip down.
Her dad thought it would be a good idea at 55 to take up ice fishing and try his luck this year, his wife said he wasn't allowed on the ice without a buddy lol.
If the lake is slow we might pack up and head to Nakumun to try our luck there.
Thanks for the info guys!

AppleJax
02-21-2013, 10:33 AM
The small bay at the Willowbend boatlaunch is good for Pike and Perch. Hope that helps.

ELECTRIC FISHER
02-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Ya I always seem to just hammer pike off the docks!
I will walk down to the docks 10 or 15 minutes early sometimes just to get the rush on before we go in the boat.
They are never big but the thrill is always there.

Jamie Black R/T
02-21-2013, 11:29 AM
There are plenty over 10 inches in Nakumun, i caught my limit of them earlier this year all over 10, one was 11. Had to sort through alot of smaller ones though...

no doubt some bigger ones in the mix....i have some friends that have been out there almost every weekend filling their boots....it just aint for me.