PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to wentzel lake?

mooseman1
02-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Has anyone been to wentzel lake this winter , thinking of goin but would love to know the ice conditions.

KegRiver
02-23-2013, 06:49 PM
I presume you are flying in, wouldn't your pilot know?

Levy
02-23-2013, 10:06 PM
How is fishing up that way? Is there any size to the fish up there... more specifically the lakers? and more specifically in Margaret? I heard the grayling get nice in the rivers to? The area seems untouched and I heard the lodge at Margaret went bust.

KegRiver
02-23-2013, 11:39 PM
How is fishing up that way? Is there any size to the fish up there... more specifically the lakers? and more specifically in Margaret? I heard the grayling get nice in the rivers to? The area seems untouched and I heard the lodge at Margaret went bust.

The pressure is low for sure. At least for the lakes that are fly in only.
The lakes one can drive to aren't worth the bother from what I hear.

I fish the local river mostly. I've fished Bistcho, it can be good but it's also fished commercially and that keeps the numbers down somewhat.
I fished Joker once, many years ago. It was never that good, too small and heavy pressure from locals.
I haven't fished any of the others but folks I know report good fishing in Margret and Eva. Mostly Walleye and Lakers there I think.

I don't know anyone who has fished Bison or Lac Claire. Twin Lakes has decent numbers of stocked Trout and I hear Sulphur is fair.
That's the best I can offer.

I don't know anything about the Lodge at Margret, other then what it looks like from the air.

mooseman1
02-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Was planning on goin in with sleds , the lodge went bust but some of the buildings r still kind of usable

Levy
02-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the info. I really want to make it up to the caribou mountains one year. Its got truly unique flora and fauna and was missed by the last glaciation.

John.McGrath
06-21-2013, 04:45 AM
Fished there many years before Margaret Lodge went bust. Now is the time to set up good trip for 2014. Or last minute trip for 2013. Good Walleye, Lake trout and Jack in both lakes, Greyling at inlet to Margaret. Eva, only caught Jack. Would be glad to find someone to set up a trip with. best contact is JohnE.McGrath@yahoo.com. Visiting fishing buddies in Edmonton right now.