PDA

View Full Version : badger lake whites and perch?

cujo1969
02-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Fished the derby last couple days didnt get many pike but seen quite a few on cam. Were seeing lots whitefish on camera but couldnt get them interested in anything. Others see lots too? Any luck catching them? Lotsa perch on the cam at times to but not interested in biting.

Kim473
02-24-2013, 03:19 AM
The cam was probly spooking the whites and keeping them away.

sportster
02-24-2013, 01:02 PM
I to saw lots of whites. No perch. Not many pike either. Although had lots of pike on tip ups but were camera shy for some reason

calgarysledguy
02-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Saw white fish, perch and pike on cam as well. Didnt try to catch them. Just focused on the pike. Ended up Landing 11 pike and lost 6 in the 2 days.

DiehardFishingMan
02-27-2013, 01:12 PM
You can try wire worm either red or brass color.

I have never fished in this lake before. But during the summer time I used red wire worm to catch whitefish in Travers or McGregor. Red or brass wire work also works on Gull Lake during this Ice fishing season.

Unlike fishing pike, you need to water your hook or bobber closely, whitefish tend to spite out the wire worm quickly, so yo need to set the hook once you saw the fish take the lure.

DiehardFishingMan
02-27-2013, 01:14 PM
May I ask in what depth you guys saw the whitefish?

I am planing to go to Badger tomorrow but never fished in this lake before. I am targeting whitefish and perch.

Any information on this lake would really be appreciate it