PDA

View Full Version : I miss Calgary...

silverdoctor
02-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Spent the weekend in Calgary and realized how much I miss it, forgot how much playground is on your doorstep.

Went to the 22X bridge for a few hours today to flick a fly, came down the deerfoot and noticed the snow covered mountains on 22. Had to pull over on the golf course hill just to sit and take it in again...

The Bow river, oh my god, i miss the Bow something awful. I'm amazed at how many people don't realize it's world class fishing right in the city.

Guess it sometimes takes getting away from it to realize what Calgary has to offer.

Gust
02-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Maybe where you live now, you can enjoy seeing snow as opposed dull beige grass.

Yes it is nice living a stones throw from some amazing water.

silverdoctor
02-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Sick of seeing snow now, i'd love to see dull beige grass as long as it comes with open water... Can't complain about the winter we've had.

waterninja
02-25-2013, 03:23 AM
Sick of seeing snow now, i'd love to see dull beige grass as long as it comes with open water... Can't complain about the winter we've had.
wondered where youv'e been. used to have some good stories and tips about fly fishing around cow town.
can't complain about this winter? come up to edm. and bring a shovel. lol.

silverdoctor
02-25-2013, 09:42 AM
i'm living back in Edmonton now, the winter has been great so far in comparison to other years...

Had one fish on for a total of 2 seconds, LDR but still a wonderful 3 hours flogging water. Lots of slob ice flowing through, cast and half the time the flies were sitting on ice.

pike_king780
02-25-2013, 10:47 AM
i'm living back in Edmonton now, the winter has been great so far in comparison to other years...

Had one fish on for a total of 2 seconds, LDR but still a wonderful 3 hours flogging water. Lots of slob ice flowing through, cast and half the time the flies were sitting on ice.

the winter this year, as good as its been, is still no where near as good as last winter!! ..

cranky
02-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Spent the weekend in Calgary and realized how much I miss it, forgot how much playground is on your doorstep.

Went to the 22X bridge for a few hours today to flick a fly, came down the deerfoot and noticed the snow covered mountains on 22. Had to pull over on the golf course hill just to sit and take it in again...

The Bow river, oh my god, i miss the Bow something awful. I'm amazed at how many people don't realize it's world class fishing right in the city.

Guess it sometimes takes getting away from it to realize what Calgary has to offer.

Cities do nothing for me. I only live in Edmonton a few days a week.
However im with you about the location of Calgary. I miss the country down there for sure.

ogre
02-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Robert,
Glad to hear you did get out to enjoy the Bow after the Boys&Girls event. It was really good to see you and the northern crew again, plus a couple new ones.