PDA

View Full Version : Found some pretty nice laker hooks on kijiji

mooseman1
02-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Kijiji Alberta > Edmonton Area > Edmonton > buy and sell > sporting goods, exercise > fishing, camping, outdoors > Ad ID 446848895
Back to Search | < Previous | Next >
LAKE TROUT HOOKS! FISHING IS THE BEST!!! COLD LAKE IS ON GUYS!
Watch | Share | Print | Report Ad

mooseman1
02-26-2013, 11:51 AM
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-ViewMap?AdId=446848895

Salavee
02-26-2013, 03:29 PM
there are some good ones here as well www.baitrix.com

Mike_W
02-26-2013, 04:16 PM
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sporting-goods-exercise-fishing-camping-outdoors-LAKE-TROUT-HOOKS-FISHING-IS-THE-BEST-COLD-LAKE-IS-ON-GUYS-W0QQAdIdZ446848895
Try this link the other is a map only.

Anyways hey its the Reel Doctor AKA Trevor AKA banned AO member walleyeca

tight line
02-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Thats crazy expensive... I went into wss last spring and talked to one of the guys, he had a contact # for the guy that makes the cold lake specials. I bought 12 packs at 8$ a package( they were 10 at the time) still fishing with them. You can buy replacement tubes at bass pro for 5 bucks for 12.they are not quite the same but still work. Not white though, clear with sparkles. Nice looking buck tail jigs but overpriced as well. Wonder if you can barter with him? Lol

Teamprotz
02-26-2013, 06:14 PM
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sporting-goods-exercise-fishing-camping-outdoors-LAKE-TROUT-HOOKS-FISHING-IS-THE-BEST-COLD-LAKE-IS-ON-GUYS-W0QQAdIdZ446848895
Try this link the other is a map only.

Anyways hey its the Reel Doctor AKA Trevor AKA banned AO member walleyeca

I'm banned from buying from him on Ebay too. Complained about shipping costs.

mooseman1
02-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Off topic but how's a guy get banned from this site?

Mike_W
02-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Off topic but how's a guy get banned from this site?

For not follwing the rules!

Mutter87
02-26-2013, 09:51 PM
What's a cold lake special? A big white tube jig?

Richmuiz
02-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Wow those are insane prices and the stinger hook is way to long you would end up belly hooking the lakers

Mike_W
02-26-2013, 10:26 PM

It's a horizontally balaced tube jig with a stinger hook about 1 oz

baptiste_moose
02-26-2013, 10:28 PM
I used to be friends with Trev. Even fished a tourney with him. Guy just can't be your friend. He's gotta be a business man and sell you something. A def Turd Burglar. I bet he's still on here under a different name!

338Bluff
02-26-2013, 10:42 PM
actually it is a 2 oz jig. Packed with 4 plastic tube bodies and 2 jigs. Packaging reads 'jumbo jelly tube jig". Some of the first ones I bought were at SIR in Winterpig. Buy a leader making kit and rig up a #2 treble hook for a stinger. Voila....Cold Lake Special.

Make sure you use braided line. If you use mono its like playing with a 120 foot yo-yo

binnzer32
02-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Yeap. Rip off artist that guides (or calls it that..) on cold lake hard water. Rip off.scammed my buddy on a camera full of moisture. Don't buy anything from Trevor davies.

tight line
02-27-2013, 01:38 AM
Should add, the CL specials come in packs of 2's as well. So not a bad deal.

viral_override
02-27-2013, 05:46 AM
I just make my own now with a stinger on the end..super easy and cheap. PM me if you want instructions with picts

Mike_W
02-27-2013, 07:29 AM
actually it is a 2 oz jig. Packed with 4 plastic tube bodies and 2 jigs. Packaging reads 'jumbo jelly tube jig". Some of the first ones I bought were at SIR in Winterpig. Buy a leader making kit and rig up a #2 treble hook for a stinger. Voila....Cold Lake Special.

Make sure you use braided line. If you use mono its like playing with a 120 foot yo-yo

Actually no it's a 1 oz tube jig ..... There are variations but the originals sold in packs of two at wss labeled "cold lake specials" are 1oz and have a stinger hook melted into the lead.

dodgeboy1979
02-27-2013, 09:12 AM
^ x2. I always had better luck with the white bucktails.

338Bluff
02-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Actually no it's a 1 oz tube jig ..... There are variations but the originals sold in packs of two at wss labeled "cold lake specials" are 1oz and have a stinger hook melted into the lead.

Actually yes, mine are 2 oz and I find they catch just fine. We call them "cold lake specials". Why does it have to be just so?:thinking-006:

And................you can buy all the components and make them a little cheaper than $4.00 a piece.

Daceminnow
02-27-2013, 04:41 PM
actually it is a 2 oz jig. Packed with 4 plastic tube bodies and 2 jigs. Packaging reads 'jumbo jelly tube jig".

no. actually these are kramer lake tubes. single hook - no stinger

The Cold Lake Special

As mentioned previously available at both Wholesale Sports locations in Edmonton. Heard new color to be available this week as well. Not only a great producer at Cold Lake, fishes very well in other waters for big fish too.;)

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd450/daceminnow/IMG_6363_zpsd4cf1f36.jpg
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd450/daceminnow/IMG_6361_zps4a15fd95.jpg
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd450/daceminnow/IMG_3158_zps3bedea11.jpg

Mike_W
02-27-2013, 05:02 PM
Actually yes, mine are 2 oz and I find they catch just fine. We call them "cold lake specials". Why does it have to be just so? :thinking-006:

And................you can buy all the components and make them a little cheaper than $4.00 a piece.

You corrected me first and if you are going to correct someone do it right ....make whatever jig you like and call it whatever you want but a true "Cold Lake Special" is a 1oz tube jig that is horizontally blaanced and a stinger melted into the lead.

It also makes a difference becasue I find the 1oz to be much better than the 2oz jigs

EZM
02-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Thats crazy expensive... I went into wss last spring and talked to one of the guys, he had a contact # for the guy that makes the cold lake specials. I bought 12 packs at 8$ a package( they were 10 at the time) still fishing with them. You can buy replacement tubes at bass pro for 5 bucks for 12.they are not quite the same but still work. Not white though, clear with sparkles. Nice looking buck tail jigs but overpriced as well. Wonder if you can barter with him? Lol

100% correct ........... buy bulk and it ends up less than $2/pc for what he's selling at a 400% markup.

I freaking almost choked on my coffee when I saw the price.

Capitalism ........

...............God Bless 'Merica

tight line
02-27-2013, 05:44 PM
You corrected me first and if you are going to correct someone do it right ....make whatever jig you like and call it whatever you want but a true "Cold Lake Special" is a 1oz tube jig that is horizontally blaanced and a stinger melted into the lead.

It also makes a difference becasue I find the 1oz to be much better than the 2oz jigs

X2. If you think about the size of what they eat( tulibee/cisco) the 2ounce ones are considerably larger. Mind you, Lakers will eat what ever they can fit down their throat though... Lol. Ive seen a 16" rainbow, 8" ling and a few other large remains in their stomachs, but their staple is definately the tulibee at cold. We tried using the 2 ounce in hopes of targeting bigger lakers, not what we were hoping for. Still worked, but not as effective. My buddy said he lost alot because of the weight of the hook and being barbless they shake it
out easily when doing big head shakes. From my experience the 1 ounce are more effective, and you get similar size fish. But i do chuck some big stuff down every once in a while!

hammerhandle
03-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Yeap. Rip off artist that guides (or calls it that..) on cold lake hard water. Rip off.scammed my buddy on a camera full of moisture. Don't buy anything from Trevor davies.

ummmm you do realize he is the WESTERN CANADA WARRANTY CENTER for Aqua-vu right????? those cameras are notorious for getting moisture in them, we had the same problem. all you have to do is take it back and he will fix or exchange it. heck we have spent a fortune there and never had a problem. We bought the kid a vexilar for christmas, and ran into him a couple weeks later, and he spent over an hour teaching the kid everything about it and gave us his cell number if we had troubles.

Okotokian
03-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Man, I gotta read the thread titles a little more carefully. Got all excited.... :sign0007::medium-smiley-035:

EZM
03-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Man, I gotta read the thread titles a little more carefully. Got all excited.... :sign0007::medium-smiley-035:

You can put away all the supplies and tear down your "station".

Can't remember what movie that was but it still makes me laugh.

mooseman1
03-01-2013, 05:13 PM
hey Baptiste & binnzer ,i didn't post this thread so u guys could dump all over it,if u wanna have a ****ing contest with trevor keep it off of here and go do it in person,as i've talked to him and theres another side to your stories u are not telling.
lets keep it pg rated ,please:love0025:

thank you guys

-JR-
03-01-2013, 05:16 PM
So is that the Reel Doctor that has the add on kijji

baptiste_moose
03-01-2013, 06:42 PM
wow crude and rude much?!? what exactly are the rules to this site that you can say **** like that? my friend's kid fishes with him, and reads this site....

Give it some time and you will see what I mean. Guys a thief. Ps. all his friends are kids. Something fishy going on their :thinking-006:

ummmm you do realize he is the WESTERN CANADA WARRANTY CENTER for Aqua-vu right????? those cameras are notorious for getting moisture in them, we had the same problem. all you have to do is take it back and he will fix or exchange it. heck we have spent a fortune there and never had a problem. We bought the kid a vexilar for christmas, and ran into him a couple weeks later, and he spent over an hour teaching the kid everything about it and gave us his cell number if we had troubles.

I'm clearly wrong. He's an awesome guy:snapoutofit: You could call me whack if I was the only one who thought this. Sorry for a misplaced rant. I'm a very positive person on this forum. Not a trash troll. So deal with a rant or two from good ol' baptiste_moose. I work for my money and like to see it spent in a positive way. The doctor isn't it. Ohh ya......cold lake specials

AppleJax
03-01-2013, 07:05 PM
I bought a power cable and a case for my fish tv from him. He was pretty firendly and the only place in Edmonton that had what I needed. I've heard from a few people he's always trying to sell you something! The guy makes a living from it so what do you expect... Tough deal to mix business with friends... As for mark up of course he's going to mark stuff up, simple business its all about profit margins. I'm sure it takes a lot of time to make 400 jigs. IBTL

Exxtor
03-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Well i can say one thing for sure, if someone starts a dump on trevor thread, ill be first in line to post and it will likely be on page 10 by tomorrow. I couldnt care less what your love affair with the guy is, 75% of the stuff ive bought off him is now broken. My fault for buyong "refurbished" i guess. Theres one thing that follows u forever when you sell people stuff, its your reputation. Just sayin ;)

AppleJax
03-01-2013, 07:15 PM
Well i can say one thing for sure, if someone starts a dump on trevor thread, ill be first in line to post and it will likely be on page 10 by tomorrow. I couldnt care less what your love affair with the guy is, 75% of the stuff ive bought off him is now broken. My fault for buyong "refurbished" i guess. Theres one thing that follows u forever when you sell people stuff, its your reputation. Just sayin ;)

Refurbished stuff. No wonder he has a bad reputation sounds like he's a used car salesman of the fishing world! Lol

bsnyder
03-01-2013, 07:49 PM
wow crude and rude much?!? what exactly are the rules to this site that you can say **** like that? my friend's kid fishes with him, and reads this site....

I agree, never mind the slander in writing.A Lawyer would love this case.Maybe someone else needs to be banned:mad0030:

bsnyder
03-01-2013, 07:52 PM
hey Baptiste & binnzer ,i didn't post this thread so u guys could dump all over it,if u wanna have a ****ing contest with trevor keep it off of here and go do it in person,as i've talked to him and theres another side to your stories u are not telling.
lets keep it pg rated ,please:love0025:

thank you guys

Well said

baptiste_moose
03-01-2013, 07:56 PM
I agree, never mind the slander in writing.A Lawyer would love this case.Maybe someone else needs to be banned:mad0030:

uh uh. Very relivent to the thread. It's about a guy selling laker hook on kijiji. I was explaining the guy. BGSH is on another thread trashing the fishing hole and an employee of that establishment. Explain the difference!! He is an employee of an establishment. It's not like I kicked a puppy. Tough crowd:sign0176:

bsnyder The internet can do amazing things. Your clearly friends with him says Facebook. Mutual friend at least!

BeeGuy
03-01-2013, 08:34 PM

It's not slander, it's libel.

And, it is not libel (in most cases) if the statement is true.

Just sayin.

You get what you give.

Pixel Shooter
03-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Think were about done with this train wreck :thinking-006: