PDA

View Full Version : Huatulco Mexico fishing?

eggy
02-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Anybody ever fish in Hautulco? Heading down there next tuesday and want to do some fishing. Just wondering if anybody has any info or experiences they would like to share.

THANKS

HunterDave
02-27-2013, 07:26 PM
I never fished there but I think that a good question to ask in places like that is how far the fishing grounds are. I know in some places it might take an hour or two just to get where you are going to fish while others might be 15 minutes. GL

eggy
02-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Thats a good tip, and kinda why i'm looking for info from anybody thats been there. Wondering if its worth spending the extra money to go out on a big boat or just charter a smaller boat to fish close to shore.

Moefoe
02-28-2013, 12:53 PM
The Tuna will be close to shore this time of year and lots of them! Fly fishing, top water crank baits or ripping spoons through pods of these bruisers is about as much fun as a dude can have...tie into some yellow fin they'll make you throw in the towel! We hooked up with a guy named Carbajal, met him off the beach near Breezes hotel, he was $200 us for 6 hours or so, he was great. I brought my own gear and caught everything, Roosters, Jacks, Cubera you name it there all in those waters! Take a morning and a rod and go for a walk along the beaches or cast off the rocks...goodtimes!

Greasemonkey
02-28-2013, 06:43 PM
I'm going there as well but in April but have asked this question on here and the fine gentlemen on this board lead me to whitesharkfishing or titos fishing out of huatulco don't have the websites off hand but if you do a search you could find it.when I get home I will post them if you haven't found them yet

eggy
02-28-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm going there as well but in April but have asked this question on here and the fine gentlemen on this board lead me to whitesharkfishing or titos fishing out of huatulco don't have the websites off hand but if you do a search you could find it.when I get home I will post them if you haven't found them yet

I stumbled upon the whitesharkfishing website earlier today and they have some pretty good recomendations on trip advisor, I will have to see what i can find out about titos. Thanks for the info.

Greasemonkey
02-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Sorry it's tinossportfishing not titos hope this helps