PDA

View Full Version : North Wabasca Ice Conditions

bigfro47
02-28-2013, 07:59 PM
Hey all,
I was talking to a few folks about the access onto the lake, Fish and wildlife said getting around on the lake is getting difficult due to no trail being plowed out to the ice village, and multi-layer flood water and snow. I was talking to a local, and he said the access point onto the lake(by the yellow gates) has a large amount of flood water and a pressure ridge across it. Making it very difficult to drive on. One of his buddies did some damage on the frontside of his new 3/4 dodge, yet some trucks were making it out. Does anyone else have any reports???, as a group of us plan on heading up there on the 9/10/11 of march for our annual fishing derby. Anyone is welcome. Please respond with any info you may have had or heard. Thanks:happy0180:

tight line
02-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Was there 2 days ago, do not drive on it. The plowed road has large ruts, and lots of flood water, and there is no way you are getting over the banks of the road to drive anywhere else, looked this eve and most of the guys have got there shacks off from out further by the point, still some in shallow. The fishing was terrible as well i seen one ling all day... Fished during early afternoon mind you... Prob better in the eve

bigfro47
03-01-2013, 07:10 PM
I'm still hoping for some positive responses, anyone else have reports from this lake. South Wabasca remains a mystery if there is an actual access point for vehicles? Does anyone know??? I'm hopeful our trip will still happen, any info would be appreciated. Thanks,:thinking-006:

GOT1!
03-01-2013, 09:52 PM
The calling lake post is not much more promising.....

Kim473
03-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Think most lakes across the prov. are in the same boat with this warm weather and snow cover. Need two weeks of -30 to get it better. Don't think that will happen tho. Might get 2 days at the most. Get your fishing in now cuz in 4 weeks or less it will be over untill mid May !

bigfro47
03-02-2013, 08:55 PM
I have never seen anyone have a post about south wabasca on the AO, can a person drive on somewhere near the town??? Does anyone have reports from other lakes in the area?? Hoping the cold front will freeze up the road and improve conditions.

Walleyemagnet
03-03-2013, 07:24 AM
I go to Calling a lot, mind you I use a snowmobile on the ice. Lots of snow but no floodwater. Orloff and Rock Island have lots of floodwater. Hope this helps.

Walleyemagnet
03-03-2013, 07:29 AM
...Oh, the last couple times I was up at Calling there were no vehicles on the ice. Those who tried were getting stuck.