PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Boat Launch at Lac Sante?

HunterDave
03-01-2013, 01:38 PM
What side of the lake is the boat launch on at Lac Sante?

Heading out there now but I don't know where I'm going.....:sign0161:

NEWB
03-01-2013, 02:12 PM
What side of the lake is the boat launch on at Lac Sante?

Heading out there now but I don't know where I'm going.....:sign0161:

There are 2 launches there.

There is the one on the reserve.. Follow RR41 North until you pass over the bridge, take your immediate right and you are there.

The second is at West Cove. I prefer to launch at West Cove.

Follow 633 West until you hit RR43. Head north on RR43 until you hit Valking Road. Head East on Valking Road until you hit Boat Launch Road. Turn Left and head North on Boat launch road until you are there. (Less than 30 seconds)

EDIT: I suspect you can launch at Alberta beach however I have never launched there. I do most of my fishing in the narrows and around Farming Island when I am there.

Moosetalker
03-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Theres one at yellowstone just west of Gunn turnoff on HWY 43. Otherwise one in the town of Alberta Beach

Hunter Trav
03-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I didn't realize there was so much structure on that lake. Very cool...:cool:

lakerman
03-01-2013, 02:54 PM
day to early planning to head that way sat or sun. sorry never been out that way but google maps, end of rrd564 looks like it ends at the lake I'll try to help you out doing research at the moment those other posts might put you at lac st anne:argue2:

dodgeboy1979
03-01-2013, 03:09 PM
there is a boat launch on the west side, there is a subdivision of houses cabins etc... and you can get on there.

Lefty-Canuck
03-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Theres one at yellowstone just west of Gunn turnoff on HWY 43. Otherwise one in the town of Alberta Beach

Lac Sante not Lac Ste Anne.....

LC

shane_buck
03-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Hunter Dave I believe is looking for Lac Sante north of Two Hills.

If you follow Highway 36 North of Two Hills go past Duvernay over the North Saskatchewan River and turn right on TWP 560 and follow the road all the way to the lake. After about 5 miles the road will curve north and turn into Range Road 113, but as I said just stay on it and it ends at the boat launch.

Have fun catching those tasty buggers. I go there every year. I went once this year and caught 45 but only kept a few nice sized ones to eat. People say they are ugly but I think they are pretty cute. When they are in spawning mode they can be very aggressive and seem to bite better at night. All I use is a jig head and bounce it off the bottom pretty aggressively. If the bite is on I never even use bait.

Good luck.

NEWB
03-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Hunter Dave I believe is looking for Lac Sante north of Two Hills.

If you follow Highway 36 North of Two Hills go past Duvernay over the North Saskatchewan River and turn right on TWP 560 and follow the road all the way to the lake. After about 5 miles the road will curve north and turn into Range Road 113, but as I said just stay on it and it ends at the boat launch.

Have fun catching those tasty buggers. I go there every year. I went once this year and caught 45 but only kept a few nice sized ones to eat. People say they are ugly but I think they are pretty cute. When they are in spawning mode they can be very aggressive and seem to bite better at night. All I use is a jig head and bounce it off the bottom pretty aggressively. If the bite is on I never even use bait.

Good luck.

Arg!!! You're right!!! I just re read the thread title..

My bad! For anyone looking for Lac St. Anne boat launches my post still stands! :) *facepalm*

HunterDave
03-02-2013, 12:40 AM
Thanks fellas! Yeah, I was at Lac Sante. I headed out before I got a reply on the thread and hoped for the best. I went through Fort Sask and somehow ended up in Mundare.....lol. Once I headed north I turned east on Twsp Rd 560 and it took me right to the boat launch.....Dumb luck. If you're headed out that way that's where you want to be. I dropped a line in at about 4:30 and I caught my first ever burb 5 minutes later. I must have had a good spot because I was catching 5 or 6 every hour. I just finished cleaning my 10 burb limit. Tomorrow it's......nom nom nom. :)

Moosetalker
03-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Arg!!! You're right!!! I just re read the thread title..

My bad! For anyone looking for Lac St. Anne boat launches my post still stands! :) *facepalm*
x2

HunterDave
03-02-2013, 01:00 AM
I guess that I have to go to Lac Ste Anne tomorrow now. :)

Thanks anyways for trying to help out.