PDA

View Full Version : Direspectful Norglenwold fishermen

Rob S
03-03-2013, 12:50 PM
So, Last weekend I found a spot I liked in Norglenwold on Sylvan Lake. I have a couple Quickfish 3 tents, one that is new and another that is a few years old and close to wore out. Last weekend I took extra care and iced my old tent in really good and decided I would leave it there and accept the fact that it could get vandalized or used by someone else (which wouldn't be a problem).
This morning I took a drive out to make sure everything was in order and there was a car parked beside my shack. I thought to myself "cool, Ill stop in and say hi"
As I pulled up to my shack the car pulled away and fled the scene. Upon inspecting my shack I noticed that not inly was one pole missing but there had been considerable effort made to break it out of the ice, unsuccessfully I might add. Not only did they steal something that isnt theirs, but they left a bunch of garbage and empty portable propane tanks out on the ice. I see them around the local fishing holes regularly and will be having a chat with them.
Its about a white 1994 Chev Corsica, beat to crap, usually has 3 people in it. SHAME ON YOU GUYS!

03-03-2013, 01:06 PM
dumb asses - some peoples kids i tell ya

pikeslayer22
03-03-2013, 01:11 PM
I wouldn't call them Fishermen! Sounds like a bunch of Azz hats to me!

Rob S
03-03-2013, 01:21 PM
I left all the garbage there :-( Im going to go back out with my axe and get the shack out and pick their garbage up. Otherwise, Im no better then they are :-(
I snagged a couple pike yesterday though :-)

Dust1n
03-03-2013, 01:24 PM
never leave anything on SYLVAN. every year it makes the paper for theft in ice shacks. But at least they were caught and taken to court!

grice
03-03-2013, 01:37 PM
I will keep an eye out for that car...

fish gunner
03-03-2013, 01:38 PM
I will keep an eye out for that car...

X3

Rob S
03-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Area cleaned and 3 walled tent removed...that was fun in 40 KPH wind :-)

Kokanee9
03-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience out there.

I still like to think that the majority of people wouldn't even consider doing something like that.

Rob S
03-03-2013, 01:57 PM
The flip side is it took 8 days sooooo :-/

latenite
03-05-2013, 08:37 AM
I still can't understand why they would take one pole? what use would it be to them? I would never leave anything out on Sylvan, too many stories of vandalism.

Scott N
03-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Do many guys leave their tents on the ice?

HuyFishin
03-05-2013, 08:49 AM
I didn't know people left tents overnight lol I thought it was only ice shacks

Scott N
03-05-2013, 09:01 AM

That's what I was thinking too, but my experience icefishing is limited.

SCHOOCH
03-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Funny thing is that you are a great person who left it out there knowing all to well that someone could end up using it and you were fine with that.......I hope a few dirt bags doesn't alter your attitude (can't wait to find out what happens after you catch up with them)!!! I left my tent out 1 night for a weekend trip to Newell and when i showed up my heater was going and the holes were already chipped out.........all done by a AO member who i just met the day before!! Not sure if the guys that took advantage of your genorosity are members but if they are they should take their heads out of each others ***** and get a better grip on life as a outdoorsmen!!!!!!!!!!!!:sign0176:

retten
03-05-2013, 09:18 AM
CFS " CAN'T FIX STUPID":sign0161:

ogre
03-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Funny thing is that you are a great person who left it out there knowing all to well that someone could end up using it and you were fine with that.......I hope a few dirt bags doesn't alter your attitude (can't wait to find out what happens after you catch up with them)!!! I left my tent out 1 night for a weekend trip to Newell and when i showed up my heater was going and the holes were already chipped out.........all done by a AO member who i just met the day before!! Not sure if the guys that took advantage of your genorosity are members but if they are they should take their heads out of each others ***** and get a better grip on life as a outdoorsmen!!!!!!!!!!!!:sign0176:

Now which dirtbag would do that :thinking-006: LOL, he's a great guy!

Rob S
03-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I dont think anyone thinks they can leave a popup tent on the ice without repercussion. I thought Id give it a whirl anyway. The tent would still be out there today if it still had 4 poles in it. The way it sat it all just looked like garbage being left out there. NOT ON MY FISHING HOLE!
Im not going to make a big scene of it when I do catch up with them, just let them know that leaving their garbage out on the ice is not very cool. And that I know what kind of people they are. Anything else would be overkill, as I already conceded that someone could vandalise or steal the tent. My real issue is the garbage :-(:snapoutofit:

slingshotz
03-05-2013, 04:04 PM
I was there on Sat and there was another 6 man tent setup for what looked to be a few days that looked in perfect condition. I wonder if that one got wrecked too. With that many people and that busy an area, I can't believe the nerve of people nowadays.

Rob S
03-05-2013, 04:17 PM
I was there on Sat and there was another 6 man tent setup for what looked to be a few days that looked in perfect condition. I wonder if that one got wrecked too. With that many people and that busy an area, I can't believe the nerve of people nowadays.

I seen that one too...I fished next to it one day and they had the zipper locked together.
It seems sad, but you just cant trust people. And it is always one person ruining it for the crowd, ie:50 people use your shack but one leaves garbage and ruins it for the other 49 people that you would lend your stuff to 99 times out of 90.

Zip-in-Z
03-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I dont think anyone thinks they can leave a popup tent on the ice without repercussion. I thought Id give it a whirl anyway. The tent would still be out there today if it still had 4 poles in it. The way it sat it all just looked like garbage being left out there. NOT ON MY FISHING HOLE!
Im not going to make a big scene of it when I do catch up with them, just let them know that leaving their garbage out on the ice is not very cool. And that I know what kind of people they are. Anything else would be overkill, as I already conceded that someone could vandalise or steal the tent. My real issue is the garbage :-(:snapoutofit:

Perhaps this is yours, took this pic on Jan 14 when I posted my fishin update on the Sylvan Lake Report, it looked like it needed saving after that snow dump. If it's yours, at least you got it & it can be fix'd. Happy to read you took the garbage, otherwise I would of on the weekend, I wasn't far from this tent, the area was quite productive.

Zip ...
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a515/ZIP-IN-Z/P1010761_zpsd0a8e0a3.jpg

Rob S
03-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Perhaps this is yours, took this pic on Jan 14 when I posted my fishin update on the Sylvan Lake Report, it looked like it needed saving after that snow dump. If it's yours, at least you got it & it can be fix'd. Happy to read you took the garbage, otherwise I would of on the weekend, I wasn't far from this tent, the area was quite productive.

Zip ...
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a515/ZIP-IN-Z/P1010761_zpsd0a8e0a3.jpg

There is no picture there to see...but I did leave the popup out on the ice around sylvan 3 or 4 different times already this winter, never been an issue yet. But I guess thats what they mean by "messing with the bulls horns" right?
If you mess with the bull enough times, sooner or later your shack gets ransacked.
JACK!

Rob S
03-05-2013, 05:47 PM
This wasnt mine :-) I only left my old shack out, never my new one yet. You are definitely in the right neighborhood though :-p

SCHOOCH
03-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Now which dirtbag would do that :thinking-006: LOL, he's a great guy!

Glad he doesn't see these posts or it might go to his head :happy0034:

dragon
03-07-2013, 08:44 PM

I've been known to leave mine. I take everything out though

bwackwabbit
03-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Just pulled my permanent off yesterday. Was out since mid Dec. unlocked and I had no issues, lucky I guess.

Too bad these D-Bags ruin it for everyone.
If I'm on the ice and you need some help "talking" to these clowns let me know.

(Grey Kia Sportage and a Frabill one man flip)

Rob S
03-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Im not expecting fireworks :-)
Are you going out this weekend? Im heading out to Gull tomorrow :-)

bwackwabbit
03-07-2013, 09:21 PM
I was planning on hitting Gull tomorrow as well. Where and when?

Rabdo
03-07-2013, 09:36 PM
I'll probably be going to Gull again tomorrow too if anyone wants to stop by, send me a pm

bwackwabbit
03-07-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm planning on Wilson's, should be out by 10.

bwackwabbit
03-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Hit Brownlow's instead.

Rob S
03-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Hit Brownlow's instead.

Im on brownlows too...couple hammer handles so far..is this your dog? Friendly fellow, havin a ball with my dog!

Rob S
03-08-2013, 11:23 AM
Hit Brownlow's instead.

Pretty sure I see you over there, dark grey SUV...Look straight out passenger door im out here about 1/2 Km in Quickfish with grey car parked beside :-) Id take a drive over but Im taking the one trail back to the road, or Ill be stuck in the ole Ion :-p

Rob S
03-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Things have gone from good to drop dead fantastic over here! Im just about out of bait, and that NEVER happens...where do they sell XL smelts around here anyway :-)

Zip-in-Z
03-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Things have gone from good to drop dead fantastic over here! Im just about out of bait, and that NEVER happens...where do they sell XL smelts around here anyway :-)

I imagine there's a pile of em were you pitched your old tent, I'll headed out that way shortly .... OH, i forgot, your on Gull or some place else ..... http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/secret.gif ????

Zip ...

Rabdo
03-08-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm gonna be a lilttle east and away from the main traffic at brownlows. Black f150 red eskimo tent and green auger

Rob S
03-08-2013, 01:16 PM
I imagine there's a pile of em were you pitched your old tent, I'll headed out that way shortly .... OH, i forgot, your on Gull or some place else ..... http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/secret.gif ????

Zip ...

We's out in Gull...There aint any fish left at the scene of the crime...too much karma pollution!