PDA

View Full Version : March 15th will be a sad, sad day....

Jack&7
03-03-2013, 08:20 PM
I think I can already feel the depression setting in...

But I am going to cram as much ice time as I can into these two next weeks!

I looked at the regs (not too closely) and it seems everything south of Calgary shuts down on the 15th. Didn't some of the southern reservoirs use to close on the 31st or is my memory not what it used to be?

What were we talking about again?

calgarygringo
03-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Sorry buddy but you must be getting old like the rest of us. Saying that Dale and I have done some old fart research the last year or so and have come up with a few places in the south that don't close and actually have catchable fish in them. We did need to do a little work but they are out there. We even found an Rv park last year on our reconaissance mission that we never heard of before as well as the small lake that it is at that we never heard of until we dug a little. We will be doing some pre season fishing this year once the ice is off and ready for open water.

OneGirlWolfPack
03-03-2013, 08:50 PM

But I am going to cram as much ice time as I can into these two next weeks!

I looked at the regs (not too closely) and it seems everything south of Calgary shuts down on the 15th. Didn't some of the southern reservoirs use to close on the 31st or is my memory not what it used to be?

What were we talking about again?

Come on lil buddy you get to go fishing with me! Surely that's enough to cheer you up. Okay maybe not but at least it will be entertaining...and most likely traumatizing. I apologize in advance for that part.

alacringa
03-03-2013, 09:16 PM
yup...beware the ides of March!

Garry B
03-03-2013, 09:26 PM

My feelings exactly. I too am feeling very sad ... :( :cry:

Jbone
03-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Going fishing with a girl as good looking as your self (tiny little picture) should certainly be plenty to cheer a guy up. So cheer up bud lol

Daceminnow
03-03-2013, 10:37 PM
get an extra 16 days to fish the coulee. closes on the 31st. or you could throw your snowshoes on and head west.:)

Dace

waterninja
03-04-2013, 02:26 AM
thers always the river.

Dale S
03-04-2013, 05:32 AM
I put off my honey do list all fishing season.Know I have 6 weeks to get it done.Couple more trips first.

OneGirlWolfPack
03-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Going fishing with a girl as good looking as your self (tiny little picture) should certainly be plenty to cheer a guy up. So cheer up bud lol

Haha! Thanks but I'm just an average looking girl. Looking forward to learning how to icefish! Should be an interesting adventure. lol!

B_Type13X2
03-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Cheer up with enough Dynamite it will be open water season before you know it.