PDA

View Full Version : Albert's fears were justified.

Selkirk
03-05-2013, 09:51 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/281966_10151281677390614_599951409_n.jpg

Sad, but true.

TF

Ken07AOVette
03-05-2013, 09:56 AM
I agree 100%. If I could change a single thing related to technology by going back in time, it would be texting. Find a family with kids under 10 that don't text. In Hawaii, 3-4 year olds had their own iPad mini's. :angry3:

fishcat
03-05-2013, 10:02 AM
I was born 40 years to late

Zip
03-05-2013, 10:44 AM
I agree with Ken...even sitting at our kitchen table the other night we had company over and 4 out of 6 people were on their phones texting to whoever for a good amount of the time they were here. And you just have to look around a bit and everybody seems to have their eyes glued to a phone of some kind...updating their facebook,twittering,texting,talking...i hate the way the world is headed in some ways.

Sooner
03-05-2013, 10:50 AM
I agree 100%. If I could change a single thing related to technology by going back in time, it would be texting. Find a family with kids under 10 that don't text. In Hawaii, 3-4 year olds had their own iPad mini's. :angry3:

X2, i have seen so many small kids sitting at a indoor soccer game playing on an ipad. His sister sitting beside him has one too. My 13 yr old would like a ipad for her bday, we said sorry, you have a ipod. Now ipods are pretty cool for what they do, never regretted getting our kids one but most of their friends have all the new stuff from ipads, then the mini's, then the i phone 5 cause it was new and they had to have it. Holy cow some parents can spend a pile of cash on electronics for their little ones. We try to be old school, no cells or electronics when we eat at home, they stay in the car when we go out to eat and or visit. Exception, if were visiting friends with kids then its all good if they have their ipods when they go play away from the adults. Nothing worse then talking to someone and they stop and look at their phone, then reply to some text, while you sit there and wait for their attention again. I am glad i grew up before this technology revolution.

ManitobaSlim
03-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Im a young man, being only 23. I hate it! Trying to hang out with friends and there all on there phones but the worst is trying to find a girl that can hold a conversation face to face. I find with each generation younger then me it gets worse. That being said im not saying im never on my phone, i just think i use it alot less then some people i know

Gust
03-05-2013, 11:15 AM
I told off a few friends while fishing for pulling out their iphones and got the look of %&^k you!

Now I'm one of that bunch,, typically it is in the glove compartment while I'm out fishing as I find it gets in the way of where I keep my line clippers and other stuff. But, when things are slow I pull it out and open up AO or work stuff.

6mmRem
03-05-2013, 11:23 AM
My father in law banned phones from dining room when it's meal time. You wanna text leave the table. His house his laws. My phone stays in pocket.

fishcat
03-05-2013, 11:27 AM
My father in law banned phones from dining room when it's meal time. You wanna text leave the table. His house his laws. My phone stays in pocket.

Good man for sure. To many people dont realize how disrespectful it is

Dakota369
03-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Ya bunch of old fuddy duddies........ get on board it's the wave of the future....... our parents felt the same way about the telephone when there was one in every room in the house, instead of one in the kitchen on a party line.....

:scared: :scared0018:

Dakota369
03-05-2013, 11:42 AM

I have that rule in my house as well...... like anything there is a time and a place. If you cannot sit and do whatever while talking on the phone..... then you shouldn't be texting either.......(like when your doing homework!!!)

:)

fordtruckin
03-05-2013, 11:49 AM
I agree even though I'm quite guilty! If I could get rid of my cell phone I would do it in a heart beat. Worst piece of technology I've ever owned right there! Just got rid of the internet at my house cause I thought I was spending to much time on it.

Rosco300WM
03-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Haven't personally tried it but friends of mine have:

When everyone gets together, all the phones get placed in the middle of the table for the night - stacked face down. First one to pick theirs up to check it / answer it buys the next round.

I still find it hilarious (and sad) that two people will have a texting conversation in real time with one another, while both holding phones :angry3:. Call them and have a real conversation!!!

bisonhunter
03-05-2013, 12:08 PM
I kick it a bit old school. When I grew up if you wanted to talk to your friend you rode your bike to their house and knocked on the door.

These days I do have a cell phone but I don't text, I find a conversation quicker.The two things I feel are the rudest inventions I've seen are call waiting and call display, I won't use either. I field every phone call and deal with the person on the other end of the phone regardless who they are. I'm short with telemarketers but they don't call much anyways.

I just can't bring myself to tell the person I'm talking to that another unknown person calling me is more important than them. I also will hang up each and every time that someone leaves my conversation for a call waiting. I don't want to sound angry, because I'm not. I just refuse to play the game.

I sometimes wonder if "armageddon" will just be the world wide crash of the internet.

tri777
03-05-2013, 12:08 PM
bunch of old fuddy duddies..get on board it's the wave of the future..

Just you waitNsee whats in store in the future, it's so exciting,
cell phones(and all that come with it) are >destined< to be installed in duped heads, wait until you cannot control the ringing,the text, AND the youtube like commercials arbitrarily flowing through now entraped minds..
"get on board"
"No (insert swearing here) thanks!
And yes,I know this sounds stupid at present..remember when computers took up entire rooms..now same thing can be held in ones palm..ever wonder how much smaller it's going to get? Don't need to be Einstein to figure that one out.

79ford
03-05-2013, 12:22 PM
people have no manners is what it is. I text n'stuff but when I am out with friends or family the phone stays away untill I am done. That is just courtesy I think? I am 28 too.

Look at the zombies in the grocery stores staring into their phones lol. I watched 4 people in a row swaggering like zombies mezmerized by their phones the other day.

70chevy
03-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Look at the zombies in the grocery stores staring into their phones lol. I watched 4 people in a row swaggering like zombies mezmerized by their phones the other day.[/QUOTE]

That because their wifes r texting the grocery list to them lol

300SM
03-05-2013, 02:10 PM
At least there's some entertainment value for others when the mindless phone zombies start bumping into each other and running into stationary objects, tripping and stumbling as they stare down and fumble through their day. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

unclebuck
03-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Anyone see a squirrel sitting on a log handling a pine cone? Resemblance?

bessiedog
03-05-2013, 03:30 PM
We got a rule hunting with the boys... if the phone goes off while we're hunting, or someone is texting while were' out for ducks or phessants....

machine turns into clay pigeon replacement.

I also had a buddy chuck my phone in the lake...... I had it coming.

jimbos1
03-05-2013, 04:56 PM
as we all sit here typing away on the computor????????????????

HyperMOA
03-05-2013, 08:36 PM

Hahahahhaha. Touche!

huntingd
03-05-2013, 08:44 PM

I'm looking at AO on my phone so its okay.

Janaives
03-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Wow so true

Jamesrude
03-05-2013, 09:07 PM
I am a 15 year old boy. I try to stay away from all of that tecnolagy stuff. I don't have face book or twitter or anything like that an I think I am the only guy in my school without a phone. This is the only website I go on and I am alot happier then most if my frends I think ther are better things to do then to sit on you phone like going out side!

silverdoctor
03-05-2013, 09:23 PM
30 years ago when Gates said “A computer on every desk and in every home.” - he was right... I got into computers in 1990, never dreamed we'd end up like this...

I have my iphone for business, it's an extension of my arm and I hate being tied to it... More and more, clients text me morning, noon or night and i'm catching myself near walking into walls trying to respond back.

Hard to blame kids when alot of adults are in the act as well.

Selkirk
03-05-2013, 11:23 PM
I am a 15 year old boy. I try to stay away from all of that tecnolagy stuff. I don't have face book or twitter or anything like that an I think I am the only guy in my school without a phone. This is the only website I go on and I am alot happier then most if my frends I think ther are better things to do then to sit on you phone like going out side!

WRONG!

Given the above ^, you are a 15 year old 'Man' ... and don't you forget it!

Well done,

TF

DiabeticKripple
03-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Im a young man, being only 23. I hate it! Trying to hang out with friends and there all on there phones but the worst is trying to find a girl that can hold a conversation face to face. I find with each generation younger then me it gets worse. That being said im not saying im never on my phone, i just think i use it alot less then some people i know

maybe your just not interesting her enough so she pulls her phone out?

dinner time at my house, phones are away unless you wanna show something to someone.

im always on my phone at school, mainly because im bored. i dont have any games on my phone cause they are all stupid and a waste of time

HunterDave
03-06-2013, 01:05 AM
No phones at the dinner table at our house! If it's a very important call that someone's been waiting for they excuse themselves and walk into the living room to talk. That's the rule in our home.

I drive people crazy that are addicted to phones by either leaving it in the console of the truck or putting it on airplane mode and ignoring it all together.....lol. If it's important they leave a message and I'll get back to them eventually. If it's not then who cares, I don't need to know that they just lit a fart or whatever. After awhile people got to know me and they didn't bother calling unless it was important. That's my way of filtering out the s**t from the shinola. :)

Roughneck12
03-06-2013, 02:27 AM
I can't imagine dating these days and trying to find a lady that doesn't text. I hate it and refuse to do it.

Big Daddy Badger
03-06-2013, 04:39 AM
The art of conversation began to die the first time two teenagers talked on the phone.:)

Now its written communication on the block.

Evolution?

Not really.

100 years ago people didn't know very much but they understood almost everything they knew.
Now... people know everything and understand almost none of it.

I'd say we are vicims of our own success and within a couple generations the average North American will be challenged by something as easy as tying his shoes....in fact... judging from the slobs I see walking around town sometimes... I'd say some that already are.