PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing Meadow lake PP

baptiste_moose
03-07-2013, 01:41 PM
I head out this way just about every year in the summer and have been since I was a little tyke. I've fished just about everylake except pierce which we are def gonna try out. But I've never fished the park during hard water. I wanna spend a day on lac de isles, a half day on rusty for perch and pike. Fish the hump in 3 rd mustus for eyes and maybe mistohay or petihagan for eyes as well. Pretty much headed there to target walleye and perch. Does any one have any info or suggestions on my best bet for lakes in the park for these species. I tried the search option but just got open water info. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BM

dodgeboy1979
03-07-2013, 02:15 PM
for pike and perch i usually do lac des iles in ranger bay, caught some real nice perch there. Pike on tipups with big herring. Waterhen Lake is also real good for big pile, same big herring on tipups and jigs with minnows. If you are doing pierce for lakers, white bucktails or tube jigs will get you fish, johnston lake for walleye is where i go.

Pilsner Man
03-07-2013, 07:38 PM
I was up a couple weeks ago and fished two lakes. Both had spots with real bad floodwater under alot of snow. To much for quads to get around.

wellpastcold
03-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Floodwater definitely an issue in the area. Sled is best bet. For sure still go out but make sure you have all the safety gear and a tow strap. Good luck and good fishing.

topgun
03-08-2013, 06:51 AM
Johnston for walleyes??? Lol. Are you sure?

baptiste_moose
03-08-2013, 08:27 AM
It says there's only pike and perch in that lake. Can anyone shed some light on this lake?

KN12313
03-08-2013, 09:24 AM
I have personally catch some small walleye in Johnston lake, nothing bigger than a pound. So they are in there, but there are better walleye lakes in Meadowlake PP

topgun
03-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Kimball and mistohay have small walleyes. I've had the best luck on waterhen near the river or on peithagen