PDA

View Full Version : Ice Master Power Drill Adapter for Mora Hand Auger Product Review

Brandonkop
03-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Sorry this video isn't the greatest quality. Shot is quick before the sun went down on the go pro. You may need to turn the volume up. It would be nicer to have a drill with larger than 18 volt battery for more power but easier than turning the blade yourself.

http://youtu.be/4xWAjkj3J8s

03-08-2013, 10:10 AM
lol i like using my manual auger , specially when people beside me are yanking on some cord trying to get there gas ones running as i am already threw my hole lol , but ya them drill attachments are cool first time i ever seen one at work was earlier on in the season wetchimo drilled threw like butter. i will stick to man power untill i get to lazy and buy a gas one , plus the manual keeps me warm on some of them cold ass days and keeps me in shape over the winter. on average i drill about 5 hole with it on each outing and i have been out alot this winter, few times a week.

waterninja
03-08-2013, 12:53 PM
thanks for another great product review brandon (i really liked the flasher review you posted) i actually bought something simerler by nordic but after trying it out did not like the results. it might be handy on thin ice but was a real pain on thick ice. keep those vids comming.

Brandonkop
03-08-2013, 03:45 PM
thanks for another great product review brandon (i really liked the flasher review you posted) i actually bought something simerler by nordic but after trying it out did not like the results. it might be handy on thin ice but was a real pain on thick ice. keep those vids comming.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. This would likely be nice to walk on early ice, but for the late season thick ice this really isn't practical.

wetchimo
03-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. This would likely be nice to walk on early ice, but for the late season thick ice this really isn't practical.

X2 I thought it was awesome when there was 6inches, but now I have to bring three batteries with me:mad0100:

mudbug
03-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Bring a small generator with you and use an electric hammer drill :sHa_shakeshout: