PDA

View Full Version : Who keeps the fish ????

smoky the bear
03-09-2013, 08:40 PM
So question for the fishing group. When you have a tip-up set out and someone see it go down and lands the fish, is it their fish???? I would say that if the person that owns the tip-up says keep it then so, if not it should go to the owner fish. :argue2::argue2:

Brent_reid
03-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Are you talking about someone in your group or a stranger? lol We always split what we keep as a group anyway.

Jack&7
03-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Seems pretty simple:

I drill my hole, put my tip-up in it, bait it with my bait, etc. If I am in my tent, and one of my fishing partners sees it go off..they let me know, but don't touch it. It is my responsibility.

And I do the same for them.

Now if I see a partner's tip-up go off anf they are busy (reeling in another fish, taking a leak, whatever), I will offer to help...their choice to accept it or not. Even if I do pull in the fish for them, it's their fish as it was their hole, gear, bait, etc.

In your example, I would say that the person should not be touching rigs that do not belong to them unless asked to do so...it seems that's where the problem stems from in your case.

beerhunter
03-09-2013, 09:07 PM
OMG, relax its just fishing for goodness sake. It really doesn't matter at the end of the day. Fish, catch, eat with your friends.

What a joke

Pincherguy
03-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Seems pretty simple:

I drill my hole, put my tip-up in it, bait it with my bait, etc. If I am in my tent, and one of my fishing partners sees it go off..they let me know, but don't touch it. It is my responsibility.

Now if I see a partner's tip-up go off anf they are busy (reeling in another fish, taking a leak, whatever), I will offer to help...their choice to accept it or not. Even if I do pull in the fish for them, it's their fish as it was their hole, gear, bait, etc.

In your example, I would say that the person should not be touching rigs that do not belong to them unless asked to do so...it seems that's where the problem stems from in your case.

the fifth commandment of fishing, thou shall not touch:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Geezle
03-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Seems pretty simple:

This is pretty much how we roll.

mayuan
03-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Seems pretty simple:

This is the best way to play.

Redfrog
03-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Depends who is bigger. If you can push him down and take the fish, what's the problem?:thinking-006:

harrydude
03-09-2013, 10:20 PM
I think someone needs a time out

smoky the bear
03-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Like who?

Bigdad013
03-09-2013, 10:23 PM
I would call him out on legalities, fishing with too many rods..

rerickson
03-09-2013, 10:36 PM
We play "tackle tip-up".
Flag goes and whoever sees it yells FLAG. We all run like snot to the tip-up and try to grab it. If you're in the lead tho watch out, cuz someone will be on you shortly and try to take you down... First guy to touch the tip-up takes the fish. ;)

BeeGuy
03-09-2013, 10:39 PM
So question for the fishing group. When you have a tip-up set out and someone see it go down and lands the fish, is it their fish???? I would say that if the person that owns the tip-up says keep it then so, if not it should go to the owner fish. :argue2::argue2:

read the regs.

it's all in there

fish gunner
03-09-2013, 10:47 PM
We play "tackle tip-up".
Flag goes and whoever sees it yells FLAG. We all run like snot to the tip-up and try to grab it. If you're in the lead tho watch out, cuz someone will be on you shortly and try to take you down... First guy to touch the tip-up takes the fish. ;)

Yep call it or run , if I call my tip up then its mine, other wise if your not fast your last . We dont quite take it to full contact level just a good interference race and if the actual owner is in the top three fair enough. Boy some ppl are up tight, unless your on a skunk then fine its to first dibs your own tip up after that fair game. Thats part of the fun and big guys are real tippy on ice they cant reach to protect below the knee and get up real slow.

Pincherguy
03-09-2013, 10:52 PM
read the regs.

it's all in there

man! the game was just gettin good and you go and spoil it with " read the rules" way to go bee guy:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Cal
03-09-2013, 10:55 PM
I dunno, there are so many good solutions to this problem I dont even know where to start.

gcfby07
03-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Yeah, what beerhunter said x2

old dog
03-10-2013, 11:49 AM
We always catch and release so never had that discussion. When with others we always watch for each other but the person who has the tip up pulls the fish..

baptiste_moose
03-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Yeah, what beerhunter said x2
x3

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-10-2013, 01:23 PM
I stick to the your equipment your fish , now if one of your buddy's see it holler out tip up or whatever , then if buddy says grab it for me then so be it but that doesn't make it your fish . But we rarely keep fish so that's never been a problem . Sounds like a pity argument that people are fighting over a friggen fish . Fillet it de bone it cook it and eat it . Doesn't sound like a very fun other person to fish with .

Lefty-Canuck
03-10-2013, 02:06 PM
The correct answer is....look down, if your undies are on the outside of your pants then no one should keep the fish.....because you should be asking someone to help you dress before you go out of the house looking like a fool. If you have to ask someone to dress you then you are not responsible enough to sort this crazy scenario amongst your friends....

Your welcome glad I could help :)

LC :)

KegRiver
03-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Only in this day and age would this even be a question.

Alberta Bigbore
03-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Only in this day and age would this even be a question.

Yup

HunterDave
03-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Yell "TIP-UP!!!" and when he's running to the tip-up sneak over and drink his beer. :)

Bound2Fish
03-10-2013, 02:54 PM
If you need to ask that question, perhaps you should fish on your own.

MoFugger21
03-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Yell "TIP-UP!!!" and when he's running to the tip-up sneak over and drink his beer. :)

This is quite obviously the only answer that matters! :happy0034:

Mountain Guy
03-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Try ''roller derby'' style ice fishing.
Get them elbows up...first one there wins

SCHOOCH
03-10-2013, 08:35 PM
We play "tackle tip-up".

I must have fished with you before lol......had a couple of Stamps with us 1 trip and i got a stiff arm from hell playing that game!!!!!!!

marlin1
03-10-2013, 08:39 PM
his hole his fish , when partner can't get there I'll land it

BeeGuy
03-10-2013, 09:17 PM
I keep the fish!:fighting0074:

The Reel Deal
05-27-2013, 10:56 PM
theres nothing worse than not getting a bite all day, so we always set up a rotation. that way everyone gets a flag at some point and has a good time.

ETOWNCANUCK
05-28-2013, 12:17 AM
I'd blame the fish.
It should have known I was too busy to pull him up and my buddy had to do it for me. He could have hooked on to my buddy's hook and saved all the hassle.
It would be a long time until he was found.

Damn fish.