PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Fish Tobin Lake in June?

finns2win
03-09-2013, 09:16 PM
I am going fishing to Tobin Lake, SK in the beginning of June and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on lures, hot spots, etc?
Thanks in advance and take care!

Dacotensis
03-10-2013, 12:39 AM
I made the drive once and had a great time.
Biggest eye caught was 6lb. Lots of smaller ones in the river. When in the river you need a lindy rig, I suppose you could jig as well but man a boat moves fast in the current.
The big eye was more out in the lake part of tobin on a jig.

That's one trip when I almost lost the boat. Forgot to put the plug in.
Ahhhh. I jumped into the ice cold water in about 17' and put the plug in. It was deperate measures time.
Spring run off is Cold.

hydrofish01
03-10-2013, 01:14 PM
We fish Tobin lots, great place to catch trophy pike, walleye and perch. I dont spend much time on the river cause I like the big lake better. Leeches on plain jig head is all u need for the walleye. Troll long repellas out on flats for pike and you will eventually find them. There are no real secrects other than the time it lakes to find the ledges. If you can find it, follow the old road.

fishinggeek
03-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Try and beat the runoff and u will do well. Try freelinning mackerel drifting slowly on a shallow flat at that time of year. Should hit up some monster pike. Good luck. :))

Alberta Redneck
03-11-2013, 12:49 PM
I will also be there 1st week in June, we arrive May 30th. We were there last year same time, we caught 7 Walleye over 8lbs, largest being 10lbs. There are 16 of us going this year, Boys Trip.

Teamprotz
03-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Results will weigh heavily on runoff. With the snow we have , there will be lots. High water is fine as long as its clear-ish ! Lake is great in June , lots of small fish in the river.

bardfromedson
03-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Fished it in June 3 yrs ago when the river was pretty much blown out. Managed a 12.5 walleye in the river on a Lindy rig. Lake was producing more because it was cleaner but not near the size. Picked up a few nice pike trolling big plugs as well.

finns2win
03-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the information, take care.

I made the drive once and had a great time.
Biggest eye caught was 6lb. Lots of smaller ones in the river. When in the river you need a lindy rig, I suppose you could jig as well but man a boat moves fast in the current.
The big eye was more out in the lake part of tobin on a jig.

That's one trip when I almost lost the boat. Forgot to put the plug in.
Ahhhh. I jumped into the ice cold water in about 17' and put the plug in. It was deperate measures time.
Spring run off is Cold.

finns2win
03-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Hey good luck and thanks for the info. I was part of a boys weekend out for 15 years and had a falling out. I am starting another one this year with different fisherman! Have a blast and enjoy every moment. Take care.

I will also be there 1st week in June, we arrive May 30th. We were there last year same time, we caught 7 Walleye over 8lbs, largest being 10lbs. There are 16 of us going this year, Boys Trip.