PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone HELP please !!!

sourdough doug
05-01-2007, 09:42 PM
For the better part of last week I was out on the line taking some spring beaver only to return and find that some "people" had helped themselves to my boat.. I last checked on it on Wed. and was informed of it on Sun.
It was a '91 Smokercraft -192Fazer S/N SMK79003J091
135 hp Merc ELPTO Black Max S/N 0C261055
Minnkota 3hp bowmount elec. trolling motor
Shorelander boat trailer
Blue/white in color
Travel tarp (shows it's age- trolling motor prop shows thru and is ripped a bit at the outboard end)
Of couse all my rods, reels, tackle and life jackets belonging to myself and my sons were in there as well.
In speaking to the RCMP, they said the odds of recovery of such items is prob. less than 5%.. That is why I'm asking
anyone that might see a stange boat around to notify the police, who have the info on the computers.
They cannot spend much time on matters like this as it only means this mush to me.
The boat went missing from Slave Lake, so it might be anywhere. I would really appreciate any help you guys could give me and I know you'll do what you can..
Thank You in advance--even though our forum gets somewhat "wild at times, we as fisherpersons , can be a pretty tight bunch ...:(
Forgot to mention- on the transom is a spring loaded, flip down transom for a small outboard ..
One more thing--License # 2H 58581

getasheep
05-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Any chance you have a pic of it? It might help guys keep an eye out for it. I hope it is found.

sourdough doug
05-01-2007, 10:25 PM
I wish I did have a pic, but last year was it's first time in the water for it as I just got it the previous winter. It never even had a chance to get smelly..
As I said in my edit, the rear flip down might not be all that common ???

World Peace
05-03-2007, 02:59 PM
I'll pass the word around Calgary....
WP.

wildman
05-03-2007, 03:13 PM
THAT completely sucks man!!!!
hope you get 'er back and hope the perps get a swift boost up the wa-zoooo!!!!
crime always sucks but messin' with someone's boat is way low.....
i will definately pass the word around. we know about 846,576,967 people regularly on the water.