PDA

View Full Version : Lake mcgregor summer fishing

laker taker2
03-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Is there a boat launch at Mcgregor lake other than at the regional park on the north end? I crossed the Lomomd bridge today for the first time. From the depth chart maps it appears to get shallow the further south you go and gets very narrow but the valley is more pronounced for sure so I'm sure it drops off quicker. Does anyone fish down there much in the summer? I've always done well within a couple miles of the regional park so never bothered venturing down that way. Long boat ride........

Gust
03-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Is there a boat launch at Mcgregor lake other than at the regional park on the north end? I crossed the Lomomd bridge today for the first time. From the depth chart maps it appears to get shallow the further south you go and gets very narrow but the valley is more pronounced for sure so I'm sure it drops off quicker. Does anyone fish down there much in the summer? I've always done well within a couple miles of the regional park so never bothered venturing down that way. Long boat ride........

In the early 80's, there was a major drout. You know sometimes when you think about what a lake would look like if it were drained,, well that year and before there was a bridge over the lake (it used to be a whirlpool emptying from north to south under the causeway), well the southside is essentially a flooded, very narrow canal. The fishing in it was great then during the drought. Anyhoo, not sure it changed much and in later summer the rainbows seemed to be more southerly.

Not sure if this helps but I really like the lake valley down that way.