PDA

View Full Version : Fishing lake Abraham tips

25-06rem.model700
03-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Was thinking about giving Abraham a shot tomorrow, I've never fished it before. And no I don't believe that I will drill a hole an their will be air in between me and the water. The weight of the ice will not allow this I know on Glennifer it bends near the shore. Any tips would be greatly appreciated I will post pics if I catch any

AppleJax
03-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Make sure your estate will is in order.:scared0018:

FishingFrenzy
03-15-2013, 01:31 PM
No offence but look up some past threads on this... stupid, stupid, stupid idea.

I hope no body gets hurt coming out to haul your azz out when you go through the ice. Especially this late in the year with the amount of snow we've had...

tight line
03-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Ice is good, lots of little ones. If your lucky might get a big guy. They seem to be 60-80 fow suspended around 40-60 ft. Then move out deeper in the afternoon. Was there a couple days ago. They are dropping the water, so use cation around the shoreline. Fish it alot, VERY hit and miss...

tight line
03-15-2013, 01:38 PM
when i was there on monday they were shooting a Mercedes comercial, probably 10+ vehicles including 4 brand new Mercedes ripping around on the ice, this was further up from the dam, the ice is 2.5' thick and extremely hard there, just closer to the dam, where it stays open all year that you have to worry about!

25-06rem.model700
03-15-2013, 09:51 PM
No offence but look up some past threads on this... stupid, stupid, stupid idea.

I hope no body gets hurt coming out to haul your azz out when you go through the ice. Especially this late in the year with the amount of snow we've had...

This late in the winter? It's early march I am not worried, and it's the windiest place in the world it seems so the snow is normally always blown off.

tight line
03-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Ya its pretty much bare ice. Was cool to watch those cars drift on it. Wouldn't worry about all the Typical responses from people who, chances are, probably havent even fished it this year. Not to far of a drive for you! The scenery is worth the trip! Lol

AppleJax
03-16-2013, 12:58 AM
Try a mercedes emblem with a stinger, suspended in about 40-60fow. Seriously though be careful out there. Drill a couple holes before you head out too far. Beautiful area, I have spent many months of my life around there. Always wanted to try it on hardwater.

Steven Noel
03-16-2013, 01:49 AM
I was camping there was February and saw some people fishing (what seemed) dangerously close to open water near the dam. In fairness there could have been three feet of ice, I was just watching from a high point.

sheepguide
03-16-2013, 06:38 AM
Hey Gary, my buddy was out there about a couple weeks ago. Good ice and they were catching a few. I'll try and see where they were fishing and what they were using.
We're you able to get a sheep banquet ticket?

25-06rem.model700
03-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Yes I did Darcy I got a friend who needs one if ya know of a extra floating around.