PDA

View Full Version : Best Lures for Fishing in Canada

HunterDave
03-15-2013, 01:39 PM
How does this list of lures stack up against what's in your tackle box?

Anything missing that you think should be on there?

http://outdoorcanada.ca/18174/gear/tackle/best-lures-for-fishing-in-canada

EZM
03-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Pretty Close .... the only thing I don't have is that weedless frog thing.

They missed floating jig heads, Lindy rigs, spin n'glows, kastmasters, buzz bombs ...... that would have to be on My list for sure.

Scott N
03-15-2013, 02:09 PM
I know they're not lures, but no flies of any type?

HunterDave
03-15-2013, 02:27 PM
I bought into the hype and tried fishing bass in Ontario with #10 spinnerbait and #19 buzzbait and it wasn't long before I turfed them. The jitterbug and the popper are much better lures but even better than those is a "Heddon Baby Torpedo Lure" for bass.

AppleJax
03-15-2013, 02:32 PM

I think there's is a different discussion board for those bugs... My favorite would be a black gnat..followed by a royal coachman:)

Cal
03-15-2013, 02:42 PM
IMO theres a few that dont deserve to be on there, and a few that they missed. IMO the Jig is not a lure, its simply two componants of a bait rig combined, and as a result is only as good as what you bait it with. If your going to include the jig you need to include the Lindy rig and a few other presentations.

Crawler harnesses on the other hand count as a lure IMO and are not on the list, I didnt notice any rattlers on there either which would be a huge oversight, concidering the included both the Qwickfish and the Flatfish which are pretty much the same thing.

I agree with Dave on topwaters, IMO they arent a real high percentage lure. The odd time when I feel like watching fish miss their strikes rather than actualy catch them I find that lures like spinner baits and diving plugs can be fished on the top just as effectively.

Warmbreeze
03-15-2013, 03:12 PM
^ Those are my thoughts as well.

HuyFishin
03-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Pshhhh who needs lures when i can catch them with my bare hands :sHa_sarcasticlol:

fish gunner
03-15-2013, 04:55 PM

I'd put an olive -white conehead buck tail with some details omitted. Against most any lure other than the fact you can't cast 80' every 30seconds .the lowly worm if course takes top billing if one just has to catch a fish.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Swim baits , would catch anything . If I was to use one go to lure swim bait in multiple different sizes For trolling , bucktails various sizes for jigging .

Cal
03-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Swim baits , would catch anything . If I was to use one go to lure swim bait in multiple different sizes For trolling , bucktails various sizes for jigging .

Depending on what you call a swimbait they included two, the Storm Wildeye and the Hollow Body Shad are both swimbaits unless I'm mistaken.

CNP
03-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Scum Frog is in the top 33? Who knew lol. Despite having most of that and more in my box....................................SKUNKED AT NAKAMUN TODAY. First time I have fished that lake. 2 X holes in the ice, tent up and heater on. Fishing in 12 ft of water and perch were constantly seen just below the ice, not even a foot below. So that is the depth I fished at. They completely ignored my offerings.