PDA

View Full Version : How to turn off the passenger side air bag

ACKLEY ABE
03-18-2013, 07:14 AM
Anyone know hwo to turn off the passenger seat airbag in a 2013 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited? My understanding is they are weight triggered, but at what weight?

DiabeticKripple
03-18-2013, 07:37 AM
Unplug the harness at the airbag

Rob S
03-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Anyone know hwo to turn off the passenger seat airbag in a 2013 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited? My understanding is they are weight triggered, but at what weight?

My guess is around 60 Lbs...The seatbelt dinger in my car just recently started going off constantly because my dog sits there. She just recently reached 60 lbs too...Could be coincidence, but Im thinking around 60 :-)

Mekanik
03-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Sixty seems to be the magic number. honda and Toyota calibrate their weight sensors to that after collision repairs.

Unplug the harness and deal with the airbag light on, Disconnect the airbag harness for the sensor under the seat.

Good idea would be to disconnect your battery first and wait about five minutes, just in case you get a nasty surprise.

billie
03-18-2013, 08:55 AM
I use duct tape to shut off the airbag in the passenger seat.

ACKLEY ABE
03-18-2013, 11:57 AM
My guess is around 60 Lbs...The seatbelt dinger in my car just recently started going off constantly because my dog sits there. She just recently reached 60 lbs too...Could be coincidence, but Im thinking around 60 :-)

:) My guy should top out at about 55 lbs. I have a seat belt harness for him and he kinda likes hangin out up front with me, but I was concerned about the air bag. I have a call into Jeep, but getting an answer from them concerning disconnecting a safety device is difficult.

Dacotensis
03-18-2013, 12:04 PM
:) My guy should top out at about 55 lbs. I have a seat belt harness for him and he kinda likes hangin out up front with me, but I was concerned about the air bag. I have a call into Jeep, but getting an answer from them concerning disconnecting a safety device is difficult.

yup, they'l tell you to bring it in. Good luck with them.
My Silverado has a key hole to turn off the passenger side.

Did you try google or youtube?

Mekanik
03-18-2013, 12:51 PM
I have a call into Jeep, but getting an answer from them concerning disconnecting a safety device is difficult.

yeah, professionally, i have to tell ya we can't do it. Lawyers and stupid people have the manufacturers scared of everything and we're not allowed to make our own decisions regarding our safety.

jungleboy
03-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Just tell her to be quiet for a while , that should to do it...:scared0018:

Toirtis
03-18-2013, 05:42 PM
:) I have a call into Jeep, but getting an answer from them concerning disconnecting a safety device is difficult.

It was my impression that it is illegal to disconnect a manufacturer installed safety device of any sort.

reelhooker
03-18-2013, 06:10 PM
I have just realized it's easier to do the seat belt up before the dog gets in. Then as well I don't mistakenly leave it off when the passenger is riding..
RH