PDA

View Full Version : Burnt stick lake

outdoor28
03-19-2013, 08:38 AM
Has anyone been there lately ? Looking to take the kids there this weekend

Mutter87
03-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Should still be good, I don't think Caroline has had any real warm streak of days yet.

catchandeat
03-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Was out on Saturday off of the boat launch by the cottages. Ice was about two and a half feet thick roughly. We fished for a couple hours about 100m west of the launch where some of the old holes were. We didn't catch anything at all though, we were set up in roughly thirtyish feet of water for perch, and had the tipups set up for pike in about ten to fifteen feet.
Was still a pretty nice day though, almost no wind and the sun was shining, so wasn't all bad!

Rich W
03-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Was out two weeks ago, fishing was great. Try south side just east of boat launch, straight out from where bay starts. 20 feet of water with jigs or flies baited with maggots. My four year old landed 15 or more by himself, first time ice fishing

roar
03-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Hey rich good job on giving your secret spots away. He took me about a month ago I didn't catch anything other then a good time which is just as good for me.He is right on location his other boy went that time and caught just as many father/son 30plus,me 1.He has magic lures.